HX 55 oil feed

kansasfirstgen

Fabbing twins for a first gen motor using an hx 55. A couple of questions: The spare oil feed port in the top of the oil filter housing is 1/8" npt. Should I convert the npt to jic or find a tee for the existing larger, factory oil feed port and feed both turbos off of one port. 1/8 npt just seems small. Second question is regarding the oil drain fitting. Has anyone had luck teeing into the existing drain location with a Y and draining both turbos into one location? I have looked into source automotives solution Oil Return Bung for 1994-1997 12V
It sounds primitive and I dont like the thought of drilling/punching/welding on the pan without removing it. Also what thread is the oil feed inlet of the hx55? M12? Thanks for looking and somebody give me the go ahead and back it up with past success on the oil drain.

Although it sounds primitive, it's cheap, easy, reliable, and leak-free, what more could you ask for from a second oil drain? Source has probably sold as many twin turbo kits as any other vendor out there, if they had a problem with the punched and JB welded fitting, you'd think they would have changed the design by now. And from personal experience, the punched and sealed drain works great.

Plumbing two turbos into the factory single 7/8" drain sounds primitive to me....

That is the direction i will head with it then. I have a spare pan i can weld a jic fitting into if im not satisfied i guess. And also, if anyone wants to buy some mild steel hx40 flanges I will be turning a few out on the lathe.

Slight derail- i am interested in the results of the setup. I assume the 55 will be your "big" turbo?

Slight derail- i am interested in the results of the setup. I assume the 55 will be your "big" turbo?

compressor 70/97
turbine 72/100?
divided non w/g exhaust housing 33 cm I believe

Hanging it under s362/70/14 cm w/g housing

Setup should spool pretty quick for driving around town, and if I still can't control egts on the top end I can just switch it out for an hx60.

Running spring wastegate at 30 psi, 3 in hotpipe/intercooler pipes, 4 in cold pipe, 5 in downpipe, ported stock manifold. Lights around 1900 and makes 70-75 psi.

1900 seems a little slow spooling for a set of twins of that size.

"spools" earlier but the big turbo starts to make psi at 1900. 1900 is 5 psi, 2200 is 12 psi, 2500 is like 35 and on up (top turbo psi)

Back