hx35/14CM in housing twins setup??

Eastern Diesel

I bought a 14cm housing to replace the 12cm but does the 14cm need to be modified for twins(bht3b bottom)? Or will it be fine

I'd open the wastegate passages up but other than that it should be good to go.

With a holset you have to either drill the divider out under the flapper or put a spacer between the housing and manifold so it will vent all 6 cylinders.

Jim

can you port the wastgate hole without making a new flapper?

I think the 12cm hole is like 5/8" diameter, so you couldn't go very much more than that, maybe 7/8" before tthe flapper would need to be enlarged. I would drill it out to 1.25" or so with a new flapper if not bigger, it might help the lil booger survive longer lol.

On the 14cm just crossdrill the wastegate and make the opening as large as you can, like I said atleast 1.25" IMO.

I have a spacer that goes between the turbo and manifold, MUDDIN DUDE what do you mean by cross drill the wastegate?

I have a spacer that goes between the turbo and manifold, MUDDIN DUDE what do you mean by cross drill the wastegate?

The Holset gate only vents the back 3 cylinders so with the spacer in place you will vent all 6. This is also a trick to make a Holset single work good in an over boost situation.

Jim

Back