hx35/80mm garrett twins

dsl kicks gas

Runnin on Broke
to start off with the twin set up will be going on the truck in my sig. i plan to run a hx 35 over a 80mm garrett with a 1.08 ex housing. i have been doing a lot of reading about different twin set ups. my main question is what is the best housing to run on the 35? i used a hx35-12cm/ht3b-26 on a first gen egt's come on pretty fast. im conserned with high egt's on the 98 because i tow a lot with it. would a 16 housing keep the heat down?

just throw the 66/71/14 over the top of the garrett and be done with it

i tow with the truck or i would. im trying to run a good/cheap tow twins set up and still have the power to play with

i believe it would help drive pressures more than heat.. but the more air you move through an engine the less heat there is. so in theory. yes a 16 housing would keep it cooler... imho

the first gen runs a 1-1 drive pressure with the 35/12 ht3b/26 drive pressure spikes up a little faster than drive pressure but still never peaks 50 psi.

i bet with the 80 on there the drive pressure will increase because of a lot more air, then the 16cm housing will help over the 12... get her done i wanna see it!

i have to much going or right now to get them on. it will prob be the end of march. i have all the parts gathered up i just have to find the time

I think the 80mm Garrett would be to big for the HX35 to spool. Most people running a 35 in a set of towing twins usually run a 71-75mm big charger.

76/84/1.10 garret works very well w/ the hx35. blkram on here ran these and praises them! he told me he made just over 600 with a sb on his vp truck and he says this is set is just as nasty except wicked spool

i have not idea what model the garrett is i can get the numbers off it if that will tell you anything. but i got it and the center section of a 3 peice manifold it has a t-6 foot and came off a detroit the manifold and turbo are both new, no soot what so ever in them. i'm looking for a 14 or 16 cm housing for the 35.

wow that thing should be a blast. trying to get there myself, but i need it to run first..

well i did the math wrong

2.94" is 74.676mm

That should be a great bottom turbo with that inducer size... Not familiar with Garrett turbos, but if its at all similar to a s475 in performance you should be real happy.

from what i can tell its similar to a s-475 im not looking for hp numbers as long as has power and can pull the goosneck and still be a fun street truck im ok with it.

Back