hybrid turbo ?s and help gtp38 and gtp38r

stroked76

So i was thinking the other day about if u could use the 88mm comp. wheel and ported housing off of a gtp38r turbo and put it on a gtp38 turbo??
After researching for awhile it seems possible and that some have actually done it but a few said they used the 88mm wheel and had their stock comp. housing machined. And i read one guy that said he used both comp. wheel and housing but just had to use the 99.5+ spyder to fit to the bigger 38r housing.

Let me know what u think of the idea and if anyone has actually done it!?
also if its been done:
which way did u do it.. both comp. wheel and housing or getting stock housing machined or different way?
any help or ideas is appreciated.
thanks
bryan

thanks MidTennPSD yeah i thought i had heard thats how the d66 is made. and yes the inducer is 66mm but i believe the exducer is 88mm but yeah same wheel. haha

but does anyone know if this housing will work? its the 38r ported housing for the 88mm wheel so no machining would be needed if this housing will work.
or is it best and easiest to just machine the stock housing?

TIA
Bryan

Attachments

• GAR741460-0004.jpg
    GAR741460-0004.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 5
I don't know why it wouldn't work if you get the right housings to accomodate the bigger wheels.. Oh and you would want to have it balanced too or it will not live long.

The D66 has all that done to it by the way.

Back