hydroboost vs vaccum

seriousdiesel

i have an 06 king ranch im getting ready to put a 12v in. Is there any real gain to switching the vaccum assist brakes out for hydroboost? is braking better? Im using a 12v and it has a Vaccum pump so thats not an issue.

its probably just as easy either way you do it. theres a company ouut there that specializes in these conversions... fordcummins.com. you can get all your parts and help from them on a lot of things. you can get all the adapters you need to run hydroboost and just leave the vacuum pump on the motor and let er fly

Don't put change out that hydro for vac. Hydro has a lot better braking capicity I just swithced to hydro on my conversion and my neighbors both have done the same conversions they said it was almost better than the cummins powerplant

This is my 7th conversion I am doing 2 more right now. The truck has VACCUM because its a V10. I I am putting in a 12v so I will have a vaccum pump. Im asking if there is really any benifit to changing to hydroboost. Maybe I'd get better feedback in another section.

Don't put change out that hydro for vac. Hydro has a lot better braking capicity I just swithced to hydro on my conversion and my neighbors both have done the same conversions they said it was almost better than the cummins powerplant

Guess I should have read a little closer the first time. Maybe ill try to find a hydroboost setup to swap out later. I tow a lot so better braking is a plus.

Just finished my swap with MoSmoke a little while ago. Using the factory vac setup on the cummins and tapped it into the ford factory system and it works just like it did when it was new.

Dodge did not use hydroboost till sometime in 97 and the vacuum pump did not change. I would run the vacuum set up first and if you are not happy change over. The truck will stop the same as it always did. Hydroboost is supposed to be an improvement though. Rich

Driving a V-10/12V conversion right now, it brakes fine. I wouldn't go through the effort/cost to swap to hydro.

Back