Hypertech 3 tuner

BgBlDodge

Hates hippies
Just bought this for mom's truck. It's a dead stock 04 with 130k miles on it. I was planning on running it on the lowest setting just for the mileage and since she has no gauges and tows every now and again. Should be alright shouldn't it?

i belive their website says you can tow up to 8000 lbs with it on race mode check their web site to be sure, i wouldnt risk it without gauges. the hypertech my brothers friend put into my dads actually got worse mileage on the low hp stage got real goood on the race mode

not sure but "race mode" on a hypertech isn't but like 90 hp is it ?? I wouldn't be afraid to run on the high setting.

Ya. Only reason I want to run it on the lowest setting is cause mom has no concept of EGT's or anything. Thanks yall.

Got it in. According to the manual the power levels are 70, 90, 110. I think I'll start it off on the 70 just to see how it runs and maybe go from there.

It's on level 2 and it's most likely gonna stay that way. The last thing I need is a phone call from my mom saying her truck won't accelerate anymore and is throwing a check engine light. Yall don't know my mom. She's small but she could kick a navy seal's butt without breaking a sweat. LOL

Back