I am not worthy....

KILLER 'B'

Pro Wrench Turner
well.. we had a local pull here and they only had a 'cold' diesel class... the only thing they said in the rules really was that the engine and turbo must be stock appearing and the truck can have a programmer/ chip, and the truck may not smoke excessively..... None of the trucks that pulled smoked... this was funny... it was a $10 dollar hook fee so it was more than worth my time.. :hehe:

needless to say i got disqualified, LOL...

YouTube - Wayne County Fairgrounds 'cold' diesel sled pull

how did your pull compare to the "cold" diesels that pulled? Congrats on the disqualification! LOL

i pulled terrible... looking back, it would have been cooler to get disqualified and beat them.. i had my tires a full pressure, had my hitch at 20" and didn't slip the clutch... I probably could have won... LOL

What did the guy say to you at the end? He looked pissed with his hands on his hips! Good job on the DQ

Can't watch the vid here at work, but it sounds funny... What's up with the hitch at 20"?

What did the guy say to you at the end? He looked pissed with his hands on his hips! Good job on the DQ

LOL he was an ass... He was flippin' out. Here's my conversation with him..

Him: YOU CALL THAT COLD?!?!?!?!

Me: *laughing* Well the egt's aren't that hot... There's barely anything done to it..

Him: HOW MUCH DO YOU HAVE DONE TO IT!!?

Me: Nothing I bought besides two parts... It literally is a stock truck with 311,000 miles on it...

Him: You got a bottle on that!!??

Me: No.

Him: You runnin' ethanol??

Him: You runnin' water??

Him: Well what do you got done to it!?

Me: Um... I slid the plate forward.. LOL I drove off before he can even answer..

Can't watch the vid here at work, but it sounds funny... What's up with the hitch at 20"?

Well money is tight for me right now and I can't afford to break it.. So I just left the tires aired up and flipped my hitch over.. Not to mention I only weigh 6300lbs...

Here's a video of this truck pulling when I'm serious about it.. This pull was 288.10 I came in sixth, but all the trucks that beat me only put 10-15 feet on me... For what the truck has done to it, I think it's respectable.. I weighed 7400 in this video..

YouTube - Ron Chickey at Wyoming 8-27-08

whats even better is mike could not pull b/c they didnt have enough insurance

Should have stuck some 181's or 191's in it, set the truck up to pull, and won it.

I hate it when a place has a rule about no excessive smoke. A 12 valve is obviously going to have to smoke more normally to pull with the common rail trucks.

Oh well, at least you gave them something to be mad over.... lol

Eric

Should have stuck some 181's or 191's in it, set the truck up to pull, and won it.

I hate it when a place has a rule about no excessive smoke. A 12 valve is obviously going to have to smoke more normally to pull with the common rail trucks.

Oh well, at least you gave them something to be mad over.... lol

Eric

The track was sandy and loose.. If i dropped my fronts to like 15-20, my rears to 50, set my hitch at 26", and I rode the clutch more i definitely would have drug it out the gate... like I said money is tight right now, LOL My tires exploded off the line and stayed spinning the whole time.. I only have a 3k gsk in this truck and it has 191's and 275 horse marines. 18 degrees of timing and the factory WH1C with 311,000 miles and ticking.. :hehe:

What gear were you running and what are your axle ratios?

It smokes a lot to not have laser cuts in it. I havent had any bigger injectors in mine yet, but it clears my 191's good with the stock injectors.

Eric

What gear were you running and what are your axle ratios?

It smokes a lot to not have laser cuts in it. I havent had any bigger injectors in mine yet, but it clears my 191's good with the stock injectors.

Eric

4:10's and 4th low.. 2800 rpm on that pull

Back