I believe the fastest LIL Red Express in the world is now a diesel

Honestly I spent about 2 hours on the grill and realized it was hopeless with even my DA. I went to 3 chrome shops to get a buff price one wanted $250 other $600 WTF?? Last one $200 to do the job. He showed me some good work he has done and a big 10HP buffer he uses. Truthfully it is a 9 out of 10 job. I will be back over for more biz.

Last edited:
I chemically stripped the grill twice and still could not get through that coat. grill also had some chunks cut in it and deep scratches. He sanded down so far that I can see a pin hole where he went through the metal by a headlight bucket.

Got the truck to the shop on Friday night as stripped roller. Triple teamed it today (thanks Daniel and Tom) and got it done after about 7 hours of work. Have a small list of stuff to do to finsih her off. Very productive day for sure.

IMG00133-20091128-1834.jpg

IMG00129-20091128-1828.jpg

well, she runs and moves on herself again. still couple little things to do before shes ready. Very productive day I would say

LilRedRebuild21.jpg

LilRedRebuild19.jpg

LilRedRebuild20.jpg

I think Id def. fab up a dual inlets from those 2 openings in the grill, do it from lightweight sheet alum. it wont be to heavy, merge them back together right at the charger? Or for limited space they could be plumbed into a common box somwhere then the charger pulling from it? "I'd" just want to utilize them some way to get outside air to the chargers. Ryan

I think Id def. fab up a dual inlets from those 2 openings in the grill, do it from lightweight sheet alum. it wont be to heavy, merge them back together right at the charger? Or for limited space they could be plumbed into a common box somwhere then the charger pulling from it? "I'd" just want to utilize them some way to get outside air to the chargers. Ryan

I thought the same. Others were saying it would not be beneficial cause the openings are too small. Plus we have the front end set up where you take off 6 bolts and the whole thing comes off easy. The inlets would make it more difficult unless they could just float behind the grill. Lastly, I would like to still have a air cleaner for the street that is removable for the track.

Glad to see you and the truck will be back better than ever real soon.
Great job on the repair. Rich

Just did the final stage of rebuild. After the truck was running I knew the bed wood take a good amount of time to do right, so it was put off. Plus we were to busy uhhhhhhhh testing, how it ran and tracked after rebuild. Well we finally went at it with some sort of patience.... About 30 hours worth......

Before pics.

IMG00061-20091010-1052.jpg

DSCF0858.jpg

After Pics. Yes we need a new gas cap LOL

DSC04825.jpg

DSC04826.jpg

DSC04827.jpg

Back