I call BS on 'Pinks'

TooMuchBoost

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I'm sorry but there is too little emotion when somebody loses a high dollar ride at the end of an un-timed half-arsed wanna-be street race.

The first giveaway to me is when they supposedly sign the titles at the beginning of the show. How many titles have you seen on white 8.5" x 11" paper?

If you have ever been to a real street race where they wager many thousands of dollars per race the pre-race BS goes on forever with usually much more detailed inspection of the cars. Then, once the race is over and somebody loses $5K or $10K, typically all hell breaks loses whether arguing, a fight or some drunk thug waving a gun around. The point here is I have never seen people shake hands and/or hug and say 'good race' (like after a little baseball game) after a race when someone only lost $5K or $10K let alone a high dollar race car like what tends to happen on Pinks. What real street racer runs the best of 3 passes anyway?

I'm obviously a skeptic but I say at best racers might officially sign over titles but have an unoffiical agreement stating whoever loses gets to buy his car back for $X when its all over. There are simply too many variables and too many ways to cheat in what is nothing more than a ghetto street racing event where the best of 3 passes typically wins and spotters guess how many car lengths the winner won by so they can negotiate the next run.

I base this on years of watching street races of Moreland Ave in SE ATL where I've seen everything from Explorers w/N20 up to trailered Outlaw/Pro Stock cars run for as much as $15K per race.

What say you?

Last edited:
I have seen several of the cars lost show up on ebay

I think having the clocks running would make things much easier and much more professional.
Still an ok show though

Pinks pays $$$ to the losing driver for what the vehicle was roughly worth.
That contract signing before the race is the agreement that you will follow the rules, winner takes car & etc.

Noreaster said:
Pinks pays $$$ to the losing driver for what the vehicle was roughly worth.
That contract signing before the race is the agreement that you will follow the rules, winner takes car & etc.

Ahh, now it makes sense.....

I knew there had to some major BS element to this show.

TooMuchBoost said:
Ahh, now it makes sense.....

I knew there had to some major BS element to this show.

I agree! If the show is going to reimburse you for your losses, what do you lose?

nummit said:
I agree! If the show is going to reimburse you for your losses, what do you lose?

This would be a great way to get cash for a car you're sick of putting money into...

partsguy662 said:
This would be a great way to get cash for a car you're sick of putting money into...

That's what I was thinking depending on how they value it.

Andy V. Some Queer with a Civic LOL

Wait.... We couldnt let you loose to a civc...that would be just wrong

Timbeaux38 said:

:aiwebs_029: ooooof ! So your saying Andy would lose?:bang

Timbeaux38 said:

Timmy keeps writing checks his transmission can't cash.

TooMuchBoost said:
That's what I was thinking depending on how they value it.

I was assuming you were looking to get rid of the passat in a creative way LOL

Timbeaux38 said:
I was assuming you were looking to get rid of the passat in a creative way LOL

Shoot, I'm one hurricane in the Gulf away from demanding and receiving HIGH dollar if I choose to sell it this year.

Although I still watch the show now and then, I started thinking BS when they had the Bullydog truck race. The Bullydog truck vs a S10 gasser and both claimed to be 13 second trucks. Both were sand baggers.

I did get a kick out of one show where a guy stated he was running a 350 hp Honda w/nitrous and agreed to give it up the bottle. He ended up losing his ride and the admitted at the end of the show that the nitrous set up was all fake. The guy that won got nothing but a bucket of metric bolts.

I agree Pinks is just colored BS.

I like how they said Bullydog ran a 11.2 the last race of the show. Hmmm, isn't that the same run were the motor was going to crap out cause it was puking coolant the whole run & to further add to that at Indy they only ran 12.66. At that speed they couldn't compete in Quick diesel.

Noreaster said:
I like how they said Bullydog ran a 11.2 the last race of the show. Hmmm, isn't that the same run were the motor was going to crap out cause it was puking coolant the whole run & to further add to that at Indy they only ran 12.66. At that speed they couldn't compete in Quick diesel.

I guess I missed the 11.2 statement, The truck did not sound happy when they pulled it back to the line after the final race.

Poor Andy

I'm new here but, Andy's takin a beating, What does he drive? :doh:
You guys are FAST. As for "PINKS" I do think times being posted would be interesting, but the show is all Hollywood and little real world action. Non-racers think it's everything it's promoted as being.
I'm sure the majority of us could pick it apart for quite some time.

Last edited:
Andy Drives the Fastest Passat Diesel in the Western Hemisphere....and Yes, Some of the Folks that hang hre have been Well into the 10's, 9's, 8's and one among us has been into the 7's

TwiztedMetal said:
Dont you guys have something better to do than conspire against a TV show? LOL

We are conspiting against you in another thread Dom LOL

Back