I don't think my map sensor is..

SuperDave4x4

popcorn playa
Well I took out my IAT sensor and my MAP sensor to clean them today. I removed the IAT first and it really wasn't that dirty at all, but when I took out my MAP sensor there was nothing on the end of the bolt to clean?? :bang Shouldn't there be a bit of plastic on the end of it that resembles the IAT sensor? I would post a pic, but I had to erase everything on my computer and I don't have my Photo program reinstalled. If anyone has a pic of a MAP sensor handy I'd like to see it compared to mine......:doh:

Also what are MAP sensors going for these days? Who has the best price? I need my truck running in good shape as it will be seeing the dyno this saturday. :woohoo:

A MAP sensor will run you about a hundred bucks. You have any reason to think it is bad? they dont look squat like an IAT sensor BTW.

OIC. Where can I get a pic of at?

Also the reason I'm cleaning it is because I'm throwing a P0236= Turbocharger boost sensor A circuit, range or performance problem; Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor voltage too high for too long.

Last edited:
I dunno about a pic, but from your bolt description, you have it right.

which code? Have you noticed a lack of performance?

I checked my piece of paper that Advance Autoparts gave me with my code on it and it wasn't the p0236 it was a p0238=Turbo/Super Boost Sensor A Circuit High Input. Any ideas on what could cause this code the be thrown? I've been riding around with the MAP sensor unplugged for about 2 weeks, but I plugged it back in when the code was thrown. Also the MAP sensor was barely dirty and same for the IAT sensor.

Oh and my truck seems to be fine power wise.

Any ideas?:bang

With the MAP sensor unplugged it can act funky, not sure if that was the problem or not. Did the truck go into limp mode?

I has that problem and one of the pins in my map sensor connector pushed out and would lose contact momentarily.

? maybe im dumb but after looking at my truck tnite i havent found my map sensor not the iat sensor any help will be helpfull

Ben the MAP sensor is on the driver's side towards the rear of the truck and kinda behind the fuel filter canister. The IAT is a bit further back on the motor almost under the firewall.

oh geeze what a place to put them in lol ill just haveto climb up in there an lay down to pulem thanks billy

Well, it's either there or behind the injection pump, and I know where I'd rather them to be LOL

That's the MAP sensor, go a bit further back ad a touch lower for the IAT.

Back