I have been thinking

Lostnwalmart

That a ole 4x4 first gen with some fast spooling twins would make for a great tow/dd/mild off roader. Turbos I was thinking a he351 with a 4202 fuel wise some 5x12'-5x14s with a p pump swap, all the little supporting stuff and a mildy built auto. Is this a crazy idea or doable?

That a ole 4x4 first gen with some fast spooling twins would make for a great tow/dd/mild off roader. Turbos I was thinking a he351 with a 4202 fuel wise some 5x12'-5x14s with a p pump swap, all the little supporting stuff and a mildy built auto. Is this a crazy idea or doable?

Just buy RonA's truck and get it over with :poke::lolly:

You, thinking? Dangerous things, happen when you do that. So, when can I drive the new toy? :poke: LOL

can the factory ve's support 450-500 hp fairly easily? I have a p pump lying around but would rather not use it however the rpm would be nice.

Ehhh idk size may be an issue. I like the idea but I think I'd just go 2wd... First gens drive bad enough.

can the factory ve's support 450-500 hp fairly easily? I have a p pump lying around but would rather not use it however the rpm would be nice.

Getting over 400 VE hp is like getting over 550-600 P-pump hp. Big jump in price. However, with a set of towing twins (HX35 and S366) you're looking at +800ft lbs torque.

You could cheat and modify a 6.7 shortblock with a VP head, then run the VE.
Just go a bit conservative on injectors, since too big does wondrous things to the little low pressure VE.
I was talking with Weston and he indicated there were tips that should work with the 6.7 bowls, but that the VP angle was still workable.

Mark.

I'm 6'6" and fit just fine in the one I had. Big guy also. I didn't think cliff was that big.

Go for it cliff.

Im only a wimpy 6'2", just have never sat in a first gen other than max's lil red LOL and his schedule 40 900 point cage made it hard to get in but wasn't bad once you made it LOL

I can't comfortably sit in a first gen for any length if time..
You aren't gonna like it.

Back