I need some ideas and opinions on my next build

efp

i am thinking about putting a 6.7 crank in a 12v block with a 24v head and fly cut the piston skirts. Has anyone done this? What is a good set of twins and injectors for this combination? BTW this will be a race/street truck. Thanks for any input.

i am also going to run 12v rods. the 24v head is fully p&p with a tunnel ram intake. Is this possible and how well did it turn out

Wont be worth the time and money if it was possible. And I'm pretty sure it isnt.

I was thinking about this the other way around, 5.9 crank in 6.7 block = better rod ratio :huh::

I have the parts and different blocks laying around the shop. Black smoke how would that work on the street as far as drive ability? I'm pretty sure the parts will fit other than a 12v rod will hit a cr piston skirt. I'm just wanting to try something different and curious if it has ever been done?

I'm in the process of building a street truck. It started its life as a 12v but i have a 24v fully p&p head with the intake runner cut off and instead of just putting 24v pistons in it when i swap the head. I could throw a 6.7 crank in it too if it would be beneficial.

A 4.02 bore with the 4.88 stroke of a 6.7 will leave you with a 372ci engine.

Vs the 359ci of a stock engine. Lot of damn work for 13ci.

To do this you will need to take 0.065" off the pistons to put them back down in the hole. That will really require some pistons with a lower top ring.

Thanks for the input that is what i needed to know. What would be needed to put a 12v with a 24v head and pistons at around 700 rwhp and still be streetable?

Back