I put a deposit down on a '15...

jlibert

Aisin, 342, laramie, ccsb. Sticker was 68,6xx, they'll do 56k + fees. Does this sound about right?

I'm looking at getting a leveling kit and some fold down steps. I'm leaning towards a coil-replacement type kit so i don't lose any ride quality. As far as steps, i have several friends with the amp steps, but it seems like they all have issues. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Aisin, 342, laramie, ccsb. Sticker was 68,6xx, they'll do 56k + fees. Does this sound about right?

I'm looking at getting a leveling kit and some fold down steps. I'm leaning towards a coil-replacement type kit so i don't lose any ride quality. As far as steps, i have several friends with the amp steps, but it seems like they all have issues. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

That price seems in line with what I've seen. I would suggest a coil type replacement as a lot of the spacer type leveling kits I've seen put the springs at a bad angle. I don't have any experience with the amp steps. I couldn't justify the price if amps so I went with n-fab tube style stops on mine. I have been happy with them so far.

I just bought 2 new 2016 4500 4x4 RC cab n chassis's. Tradesmen package with u-connect radio, and power and chrome package (had to get the bling alcoa's) . Tax, tags out the door was $46,800 each. I don't see how they charge so much more for the Laramie trim. Hell, they had some loaded crew cab 4500's for less than what you're paying

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

They have a couple tradesman's on the lot. 39-40k plus fees put them around 43-44k otd depending on options. I don't see where the $10-15k is either. I guess the premium sound, nav, sunroof, leather, gooseneck package, rear camera, spray in liner, aluminum 20" wheels, blah, blah, blah, adds up. I guess it's still more truck for the money than the ford, even though the ford walks away from it power-wise.

Guess that's why I have never bought a new truck for personal use. My company has tax write offs so its justifiable. I prefer to let someone else pay new price then get it used for considerably less.
Have you priced them from that large dealer in Idaho? Some of the members on here mentioned them in another thread. Said it was worth the plane ticket and drive home from the money saved

Guess that's why I have never bought a new truck for personal use. My company has tax write offs so its justifiable. I prefer to let someone else pay new price then get it used for considerably less.
Have you priced them from that large dealer in Idaho? Some of the members on here mentioned them in another thread. Said it was worth the plane ticket and drive home from the money saved

I have a couple friends that have bought trucks there. I'll check it out.

I just bought my 2015 Mega Laramie 2500. Got it for 48 otd, sticker was 66 something. Now don't expect to get that deal every where I just happened to get a great deal on a truck they have had for almost a year. Salesman said that most people that where looking in that price range went ahead and bought a longhorn or limited. Also the paint scheme wasn't a seller. It's maximum steel with silver on the bottom, looked like a Dallas Cowboys team truck lol. I've already had it repainted to delete the silver and added painted bumpers and grille for a sport model look.

I've never had any trouble out of my amp steps but have heard others complain of issues. I initially ordered a 2.5" coil spacer but once the kit came in and I saw that slanted weird looking spacer I decided I wasn't putting that junk on my truck. It's slanted to keep the coils from bowing apparently. I've ordered the Carli commuter kit for the lift, which is suppose to ride great but if I had to do it over again, and I may still, I'd just order some Thuren leveling coils, his fox shocks, and an adjustable track bar. And save a lot of money. Check out CJCoffroad for the Thuren stuff. They're good guys and know a lot about lifted suspensions.

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the advice. I picked up the truck on monday. I got the coil spacers for now, and they don't seem bad at all. i can't tell any difference in the ride quality. Next is the amp steps and tint, and it'll be done. People around here have been having their emissions equipment (cat/dpf) stolen right out of their driveway. I hope mine doesn't come up missing.
6733EB8B-F7E8-4F02-8F84-73D30A44E7C3_zpsbnloezlg.jpg

Which one is yours? White or silver?
And what brand spacers did you get? The ones I ordered where performance accessories 2.5" and I didn't like how they are slanted instead of straight like on the older trucks.

I got the silver, my buddy got the white one next to it. Vin numbers were consecutive. I got the full throttle spacers. They are angled too.

JP I have a leveling kit for my 2014 that I am not going to use. It has the mount for relocating the shock higher to adjust for the leveling kit. Let me know if you want it. I'd give it to ya for cheap. I thought I was going to need it to clear some wheels I got but it turns out I don't. Here is my new truck. Glad to be back to a cummins from my Dmax although I have to admit the Dmax was a good truck to me.

PS hope you enjoy the new truck. They have done a great job with them.

Attachments

• Truck 2014.jpg
    Truck 2014.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 0
JP I have a leveling kit for my 2014 that I am not going to use. It has the mount for relocating the shock higher to adjust for the leveling kit. Let me know if you want it. I'd give it to ya for cheap. I thought I was going to need it to clear some wheels I got but it turns out I don't. Here is my new truck. Glad to be back to a cummins from my Dmax although I have to admit the Dmax was a good truck to me.

PS hope you enjoy the new truck. They have done a great job with them.

Nice truck man! I already put a leveling kit on mine. Fts from altered attitude. But thanks for the offer. My buddy might do his. I'll look you up if he does. Are you still at the 0548 number?

Thanks man. Hope all is going well with you. Sounds great. Yes I am still at that number (209) area code. Let me know. I usually drive down to the fresno/Tulare area a couple times a week as well so there is always a good chance I'm driving by.

0 offset? I'm looking at the AF evade faceplate in a 22x11 0 offset, wanted a wheel that didn't stick to far out

Back