I searched with no help, and 47RE is OUT of truck. Need advice before it goes back in

Diesel Inside

The trans is out of truck and I am waiting on builder to tear it down. What internal upgrades can be done to help hold the power prob up to around 550 or whatever a 62 or 64 will get me on fuel.

Here's the plan so far
triple disk with billet input and first gear drum
billet servos
shift kit
clutches (not sure to use reds or just high energy)

What are the other little upgrades that need to be done to hold the power?
band anchor
strut
not real sure about other part or anything else for that matter.

I searched on here but didnt find much other than converter, input, and vb advice.

Also what is the recommended upgraded line pressure to hold it. Also its a 2wd and not gonna be doing any high traction launches. I really am just concerned about the clutches holding together.

It can be. Transmissions are expensive and if not built right can be incredibly frustrating. I've seen you post a couple of threads about how to build your tranny so you can tell your builder. Either he has no experience with high performance diesel builds or you just flat don't trust him. In either case I'd find someone who has experience building high performance diesel transmissions so that way its done once and done right.

Oh yeah you are def right about that. I trust him to build a solid unit but I was just making sure I knew what to ask for if he didn't mention a certain piece that was needed. Like you said they are expensive and I dont want to spend the money twice. You know? I was mostly looking for research in other places for myself so I know whats what.

Can I ask about how much power your AT is holding? And what is in the unit?

We wont discuss my power level (do a search for bbs and prepare to laugh LOL ) but its built to take anything I can throw at it. Billet input, billet output, billet drum, billet accumulator, billet servo, upgraded apply lever and strut (I think its the 4.2 lever in mine), all new clutches and steels, valve body, double deep pan, etc. Its got just about every option DTT has for them and its held up for over a 100k miles and countless boosted launches and wot runs with nothing more than a fluid and filter change every 20-25k miles.

I forgot that its all on a single disc converter. Dtt makes a great single disc. Or used to at least. Singles can hold the abuse and power most people throw at their trucks assuming the transmission is designed with a single disc in mind which Dtt was when I had mine built. Last I heard they had moved on to triple discs like everyone else though.

Last edited:
Yeah I read where you were hunting 500hp pretty hard right? And that sounds like about the same setup I would hopefully like to run except no output. I hope my builder can get most of those parts and he told me he would tell me about all the little ''goodies'' that were going in mine. I just want an idea of what other guys are running and how it is holding up you know? For now mine only has an ADR with stock injectors and turbo.

Thank you for sharing you setup with me to help me get a grasp around this whole thing. Its easy to find turbo and injector combos for certain hp levels but I couldnt seem to find the tranny stuff. I also called stephan at DTT and he said I was going in the right direction for what I wanted to do.

Back