I think a New Twin Turbo CR Record was Broken today!!!

Bosshawg600

PDP.com FireFighter
294hp/501tq at 2880 RPM on 30lbs of boost!!!!

Didnt expect a whole lot out of the truck. I recently yook off the TST R49 box becuse it just didnt seem to run right. So I went into the dyno naked....No Chip, No Programmer, No Boost fooler, stock sticks and CP3......Just a 62/s471 and a DD clutch!

Of course I think the 36x15.5 tires were pulling it down a bit.

Weirdest thing was, for stock programming....Sure did smoke a lot!!!! I should have video up sooner or later. Dyno shop took the videos, so Im waiting for them to put them up.

Sounds reasonable

factory calls them 305 er so depending on year, with enough air seems logical.

why not huh?

I wasnt expecting much at all. They loaded it good, but it just seemed the twins weren't spooling right....I think that was just from not having a boost fooler and it was cutting everything back.

Heck, I just using it as a tow Rig/Daily so Im not gonna shoot for a lot of HP. Looking for a SMARTY too see how that goes, and call it good......for now....

I would think you'd make more power with those turbos, even with no programming. Does the truck seem to spool slower than it used to? My 62/71/13SS had an issue with the wastegate arm/pucks not sealing properly, casing extremely slow spoolup. Might be something to check.

The smoke came from turbo lag...the lag comes from the rotating mass of the twins requiring more time to spool that the stock single turbo. It's not rocket science.

The smoke came from turbo lag...the lag comes from the rotating mass of the twins requiring more time to spool that the stock single turbo. It's not rocket science.

without boost fooling, it shouldn't really fuel enough to smoke until it sees enough boost at the map sensor.

i ran my 04 back in march at the dillsburg spring fling in limp mode not turner (tst failed) no bullydog which was tuning and writing for the stick swap. just ii drangons a blown 64/71/14 studs and cp3 i never got above 2500 rpm it popped and carried on lol laided down 309hp and 7xx tq. yours sounded much better tho i thought mine was gonna blow nice ass truck tho

Back