i think the lp ig going

TwinCummins02

Texas Diesel Runner
I think my lift pump is going out latly when i start my truck it will die or if is stays running it runs real bad like it not geting fuel but it will smooth out after a minute and other time it will run like no other.thinking about putting a fass system on will that bypass the lp

Thanks guys

Hey i got the same problem as u do right now it cranks and it will fire and then shut down and sometimes the truck has a hard time starting again. What is ur aux pump and what is your fuel pressure?
My fuel pressure is between 12 and 8 amd i was told my lift was weak and my Auxialary Carter pump is taking most of the run power. I am def going to put a FaSS on b/c all i hear is good things about it except that its a loud pump but that dont bother me long as it works good. so PM me back and let me know what ur sitituation is?

The FASS is only load when you are getting ready to crank the truck, after that the purr of the cummins fixes all of that:hehe: . I idle at 19 wot 16:Cheer: .

the only other thing i think of being wrong is a bad map senser or bad tps but i just hit 101k miles i think im on the original lp and ip i think its time for it go bad

I just put a new TPS in. DOnt waste your time it did nothing to help fix it. PLus i was told there is a way to reset them. I like the sound of 19 lbs idle and and 16lbs WOT. I HAd a carter black head 7lb pound pump and a stock lift pump and idle was 20, 21lbs and WOT was like 10lbs. Now my pressure idling is 10 so its got to be the stock LP.

Back