I wanna go faster.

01Grizzly

Well I finally got into the 11's but 11.62 isn't fast enough. So I'm looking to you faster guys on where I can gain some speed. The truck is retired from the street so no limiting factors.

Current set up.
2001 Dodge QCSB currently weighs 6500 give or take.
Engine
Bored .020 no valve relief
Aftermarket cam. Builder didn't release specs.
Ported and polished head with all the goodies but stock intake runner.

Fuel
6x.013 injectors
.093 lines and tubes
12mm maxed p pump.
Fed by a waterman

Air
S472
T4 manifold
BD intercooler
Aftermarket intake manifold

Traction
305/45/18 Nit to 555r tires
Caltracs will come this winter.

I don't think the 472 will get me anymore so I planned on upgrading but not sure what to. I have been searching on here about W/A intercoolers but didn't find anything relating to drag racing. I am going to cut some more weight to hopefully get to 6000 lbs.

Any information or advice is greatly appreciated. Also I'm on my phone at work so I apologize for any spelling/grammar errors I made or missing threads pertaining to my questions.

Thanks,
Kyle

6x.018s or bigger, hang a gt55 over the 472, more rpms (5.5k gsk, better valvesprings, retainers, keepers, pushrods, ati damper) spool with nitrous. You should have some traction issues then.

I would like to stay all fuel. Twins could be in the picture. I have titanium keepers and retainers now. Pump has 5k GSM and is capable of 575cc with full cuts. Also forgot to mention the bottom end is fully balanced with fluid dapmer now.

Where can you drop weight in these trucks? I planned on removing the hitch, backseat is already out.

Not strong enough lol. It has billet input and output and triple disc. It will be rebuilt before I do more work on the engine. Just trying to get an idea and prices so I can get a game plan set.

Where should I hole saw? Cab floor? Was planning on gutting entire dash innards and rewiring everything and going to a stand alone computer for the 47RE. Granted that will take place in a couple of years or so. Already have roll pan and will do a sport bumper eventually. I am really hoping oldskoolfab gets the second gen body parts done and will just buy them when I have the funds. I think those carbon fiber parts will offset the weight I will add with a cage when I do one.

If you are on a budget why not a off the shelf 475 and some bigger injectors and cough cough nitrous. Lots of guys going fast on that charger alone. I might have a great set of injectors for you but it will be a few months before i sell them.

I'm running pretty similar setup, only an s366 charger and a weak airdog 150. What kind of psi are you getting from the waterman?

Should put a cage in it.

This must NOT be over looked. You need a roll bar in 0.12 seconds, but you should always over build safety equipment. Gut the interior to get the cage in then look for other places to remove weight.

Still have a full interior? Get rid of everything and use a lightweight driver's seat.

Go to one battery and relocate it rearward. Downsize fuel tank. Drop your sway bars and a couple of leafs.

Have you went to a dyno and tried some tuning? That's my next plan. I'm making power but want to fine tune to see what works best.

If you are on a budget why not a off the shelf 475 and some bigger injectors and cough cough nitrous. Lots of guys going fast on that charger alone. I might have a great set of injectors for you but it will be a few months before i sell them.

I like this idea. Similar to what I run, just don't have nitrous. A box stock 475/87 will push a ton of air, and still spool off the line. Go with a 1.1 T4 housing or bigger depending on if and/or how much nitrous you plan to run. Best part is these chargers can be had for under a grand, and stand up to a good bit of abuse.

This must NOT be over looked. You need a roll bar in 0.12 seconds, but you should always over build safety equipment. Gut the interior to get the cage in then look for other places to remove weight.

This is very important. Build around your safety first. Also, it doesn't matter how fast your truck is if you fail tech and can't get on the track.

A lot of good feedback thanks guys. Also I don't know how to quote multiple people so I am going to try to answer in order.

VMax- My first thought was to step up to a 475 or 480 to get me to the 11.50 mark and go from there. Do you think the 6x.013's have it in them or do I need a bigger set?

RHP997_ I am seeing 60 psi at idle and IIRC 70 at WOT. I bought the Haisley kit that has the 45 and 70 one way check valves in them. Also to run the waterman you have to have it gravity fed so I did go to a cell in the bed which will be redone to save more weight.

pic_jon- I already have 1 battery and dropped the stock tank when adding the fuel cell. I have lowered the front by cutting the coil and I dropped the back 2 in. with the Summit Racing kit.

diesel_importer- No I have not dynoed after switching to the waterman. I would like to but I think it is damn neared tuned. Our local track is closed for the season so I cant make any runs to tune more.

JQmile- My egt gauge took a chit so I don't know what they are. The way the set up is now it runs pretty clean but there could be more done but as stated above the track is closed.

I do not want to run nitrous. I want to be all fuel so spray is out.

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks,
Kyle.

As I was gutting the interior I was going to put a cage in it. That is the main thing to get done first.

How fast do you want to go?? Low 11s? High 10s? Low 10s? 9s? All makes a difference. Some may require twins, some won't, some might need a 13mm pump, some might need a built motor, etc. Gotta have an end goal in mind. For my 95, it's 10s at a normal street weight, with a full interior and no gutted anything.

Back