i want real led headlights

IMG_2984_zpse56d6994.png

Phuck yeah!! That's an awesome retrofit right there!

You don't buy quality stuff...

Meaning? Ive never installed LED's anywhere on my truck.... yet. What I mean by that, is from the pictures the LED lights don't seem to put out too much light... AKA for 150 bucks a set, they seem just as bright as some $20 bulbs you can get at autoparts stores. Now the turn signals do put out a ton of light, but stock bulbs are pretty wimpy to begin with.

As for the picture I posted.... I don't even know if it works or its legal!! Found that pic and thought it was cool and worth looking into. Ive only found 2 sets of retrofitted headlights like that. And being that LED Pods are pretty expensive, your looking at a good chunk just for the lights themselves let alone retrofitting them in a housing. Thought about buying a set of stock lights and trying it, but Im not too versed in LED lights to get it right the first time Im afraid.....

Meaning? Ive never installed LED's anywhere on my truck.... yet. What I mean by that, is from the pictures the LED lights don't seem to put out too much light... AKA for 150 bucks a set, they seem just as bright as some $20 bulbs you can get at autoparts stores. Now the turn signals do put out a ton of light, but stock bulbs are pretty wimpy to begin with.

As for the picture I posted.... I don't even know if it works or its legal!! Found that pic and thought it was cool and worth looking into. Ive only found 2 sets of retrofitted headlights like that. And being that LED Pods are pretty expensive, your looking at a good chunk just for the lights themselves let alone retrofitting them in a housing. Thought about buying a set of stock lights and trying it, but Im not too versed in LED lights to get it right the first time Im afraid.....

There's a few brands that have come out recently, and from the pics and the reviews they are just as bright, or brighter than HID's. I'm waiting a little while to see how they hold up and to hear a few more reviews before I pull the trigger on them.

I'm interested as well to see how the led performs and holds up . Since I want and need brighter headlights I'm having a set of 09 headlights being retrofitted with projector hid lights. Hopefully they turn out good.

eru6yge8.jpg

Because headlight?

Ill have to track down one of my Amish buddies to see what for lights they run on their buggies, all kidding aside they LIGHT UP the road!

Sent from my flashscan v2

Im honestly on the verge of buying Stock housings and retrofitting projectors and good quality bulbs.... Been done over and over and well proven to be super bright....

Im honestly on the verge of buying Stock housings and retrofitting projectors and good quality bulbs.... Been done over and over and well proven to be super bright....

Who does this? I want to see a write up. I need something new but at this point nothing seems that much of an improvement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There actually was a good tutorial on YouTube at one point. Requires an oven and a vacuum rig.
You pull your housings, make a bracket to aim them so you can see the cutoff, pull them apart, install new hardware, match the aiming of the original cutoff, add the new material to secure the projectors and assemble the lenses.
Very abbreviated but close.

bumpin this one cuz my headlights suck again...

led replacement bulbs around yet?

also im looking to get 2 20"" lightbars. one for the front and one for y headache rack..

anyone here a dealer or has something in their truck they can vouche for

no hid chit..aint messin with all that..plug and play led bulbs to replace the stocker

bumpin this one cuz my headlights suck again...

led replacement bulbs around yet?

also im looking to get 2 20"" lightbars. one for the front and one for y headache rack..

anyone here a dealer or has something in their truck they can vouche for

no hid chit..aint messin with all that..plug and play led bulbs to replace the stocker

Yup, I know they carry them at Beans. Give Chase or Bean a call and they'll hook you up. Chase says they are really nice. I haven't seen them myself yet, but based on his recommendation I plan to put them in my Duramax as well as my sons TDI.

I think this is the kit they carry or at least a similar one...

http://www.firewireleds.com/led-headlight-kit/

They probably sell it a little cheaper than buying direct as his direct prices are higher than many of the dealer prices on other products they make...

I've got a set of Truck-Lite | Part Number: POI27450C headlights that are LED's on my XJ and they are ridiculously bright. They aren't cheap either ($500 a set), but totally worth it. They are brighter than my old 08 audi with OEM projector HIDs which are some of the brightest I'd seen prior.

I know they make the square and the circle kind, but I doubt they have our 2nd gen style. You might want to contact them and see if they sell components though. I believe they get all of the light out of one LED that's pretty small.

I need to look into getting a set of LED lights for my 99-02 style (9005/9006 bulbs) GM headlights! I'm not fond of the HID's that are in my wife's truck nor my regular old halogen bulbs in my truck. The HIDs in my wife's truck are not retrofitted, just DDM bulbs stuck in the OEM housing which = light scattered pretty bad and waaaay too slow to warm up to be in the high beams like they are.

With the LED lights, they are instantly on, right? None of this waiting for them to warm up like the HIDs, right?

Back