I want shop pictures..

Electricity is obviously much less expensive there Jory.... My power bill is over 250 a month and I dont have electric heat,, just AC.

I tell you one thing I doubt I could live in Oklahoma. Not only is it hot as hades, but the humidity is the worst I have ever felt. And to be honest we (even though I am way wayyyyy north) have only a couple weeks a year that would be -20 or colder. Most of the winter here would be around 0 F.

It was around $.12 a Kwh last time I looked. May have went up a tad but I don't know. I just went electric 'cause I can fix crap if it breaks. :D

OOOOOooooKlahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains. LOL

Yesterday it was 29F when I left for work. By 3pm it was 60. Freakin' nuts around here. Winters are cold...at least to us southerners and summers are blazin'. Last year we had over 90 days in some parts of the state over 100. It was miserable.

HA HA lol. gotta love 60 mph winds.. its a constant atleast 3-4 months of the year ha. up here on the mountian its been dippin into the low thirtys high fourtys and still hitting 75-80 mid day.

south of us in phx its 100 plus like um yeah everyday! ha ha no seriously its usually 100 plus at midnight down there its insane.

similar weather out this way i see.

electricity out here is not to bad. actually where i am building my shop is less than a 10 minute drive to a power plant. funny thing is they ship all that power to california!! ha ha

If you have more heat than cold, go with the galvalume roof. It is silver and reflects way more sun. I went with dark green. It gets hot as fire in the summer but helps in the winter. Color selection will change your bills as well.

If you have more heat than cold, go with the galvalume roof. It is silver and reflects way more sun. I went with dark green. It gets hot as fire in the summer but helps in the winter. Color selection will change your bills as well.

Up at 5500 feet it about breaks even at 80. 80 or higher half year 80 or lower have the year ha. im actaully probably going to go with plywood and silver shingles. but thats definately something to keep in mind!

ya half to remember im doin my shop outta wood!

So do your shop outta wood. Plywood the deck up top. Then put metal roof over it. You won't have wind, hail, storm, etc damage. The cost is about 2.5 time shingles but should last the lifetime of your building. $.02 Screw it on, DON'T nail it.

thats true ha.. but most shingles have a 40 year warranty on them anymore ha.. when they do go bad.. you just get um for free climb your ass up there and do it ha!

you gotta remember im almost 25. i sell parts for a living. that 2.5 times the cost is something that simply can be weeded out! lol

Here is mine :)

This pic had a few VW's in it.

Currently there is a 325I BMW with a cooling problem, a 04 Mitsu Lancer (engine swap), a 05 Dodge with a bad Cat, a 68 Ford Ranger with a leaking manifold and last but not least my 07 Mega Cab getting the trans removed for a build and a bunch of lift kits parts sitting on the floor around it.

Attachments

• IMG_20111013_075726.jpg
    IMG_20111013_075726.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 0
I haven't read this thread, but for home and personal use with 3-4 trucks, everyone should use Jory's shop setup. You can live in a corner room just fine. If you have family, copy his house setup too.

Thats all I got.

O hell, it ain't that great, but works for me. I would change a few things if I had it to do over. There still isn't a wet bar in the shop area....but we got pool and satelite TV covered. LOL

O hell, it ain't that great, but works for me. I would change a few things if I had it to do over. There still isn't a wet bar in the shop area....but we got pool and satelite TV covered. LOL

I didn't tell you because I was ashamed, but I might have messed my underwear when I first walked in your shop. And then messed it again when I saw inside your house. Definitely done right.

Sorry. I'm an "over engineer it once and never have to work on it again" type. :D

but is a metal roof worth waiting an extra couple of months?? ha ha

but you do have a wonderful point. best build it once and not screw with it afterwords.

do it once do it right.

So do your shop outta wood. Plywood the deck up top. Then put metal roof over it. You won't have wind, hail, storm, etc damage. The cost is about 2.5 time shingles but should last the lifetime of your building. $.02 Screw it on, DON'T nail it.

In SW missouri I have seen the metal roofs damaged by hail, and wind.

But metal roofs have many advantages!

Here is mine :)

This pic had a few VW's in it.

Currently there is a 325I BMW with a cooling problem, a 04 Mitsu Lancer (engine swap), a 05 Dodge with a bad Cat, a 68 Ford Ranger with a leaking manifold and last but not least my 07 Mega Cab getting the trans removed for a build and a bunch of lift kits parts sitting on the floor around it.

i think i am going to go with an in one side out the other set up! i like that. In take it apart and out into the back yard. except the paint booth with have just an entrance in the rear.

In SW missouri I have seen the metal roofs damaged by hail, and wind.

But metal roofs have many advantages!

you know my main thing is i am planning on what i know. i have done shingles (lots of shingles) and as i have seen they hold up pretty darn well when done properly. i have never had a metal roof. i can see leaks from screws rusting and what not. but i could very well be wrong. I can imagine them being very very hot in the summer too..

Back