Idle issues

YUTANCUMMINS

Kinda confusing but, Trying to get the truck to idle if I set it at 950 as soon as you reved it up it would hang at 1400 and slowly come down or come down and die, somtimes like 5min to return to idle and the linkage was rested on the screw the whole time....so I took 2 click outa the springs it helped some but for example u can set it at about 1100 sometimes it will slow to 900 and sometimes not????I think with some time I can get it to idle steady where I want, but the problem now is even when it's at 1200 stedy even turning the fan on will kill it let alone the a/c and it at 950. Srry for writing a books worth but have fiddled with this thing for hours and hours the past few days, diff springs ect. Even tried controlling idle from the front linkage with a bracket
thanks for any help at all guys

I found backing off the springs and adjusting the idle screw would make the bottom end more livable. Top end suffered though. What gov springs are you running? I had 5k's and couldn't get them to idle properly, but ran decent after that. Swapped in some 4ks, the idle was better, drivability was up, but fuel was way down. Still haven't gotten it completely sorted out yet.

Yea there 5ks I think I can get it to idle now I just don't know why the ac kills it everytime.....thanks for the reply tate

Back