idm carrying p0603 fault

greenthunder7.3

from what i can find this fault is logged when the pcm losses power or a tune is flashed into it. my truck is an early 99 and i suspected i had a bad idm( had injector voltage fault after running buzz test and all wiring was good) so i removed the idm and put on another one i had laying around and it through the p0603. so i cleared it and drove the truck around and when i got back the fault was back. so i cleared it and drove around again and it was back again. so i put another different idm on and it does not throw that fault sooooo i'm assuming i have 2 bad idms? everywhere i have looked it says this fault doesn't have anything to do with the idm. anyone know anything different? thanks

Does it run fine with the fault? If so, ignore it. Seriously. If you can't tell anything is wrong with the way the truck runs, then absolutely ignore the code.

it doesn't have a chip but i'm not sure what you mean by dac or xle. yea the truck seems to run fine with the code but i don't want to get stranded in it. any ideas of why it is logging it?

it doesn't have a chip but i'm not sure what you mean by dac or xle. yea the truck seems to run fine with the code but i don't want to get stranded in it. any ideas of why it is logging it?

Some trucks just throw it for no rhyme or reason. That code won't leave you stranded anywhere.

DAC and XLE is referring to the PCM calibration.

My truck just recently threw that code. It hasn't affected it in the 4k miles I have drove it so far. I just clear it everytime it lights the check engine light.

Back