IH 806 or IH 560

chvyrkr

Still learning...
The 806 would be way more tractor than I need, but it's in damn good shape. New paint, all the steel is strait, good tires, no leaks, etc...

The 560 is about the size tractor I was originally looking for, I'd call the condition "easily restore-able."

The 806 just caught my eye, as it's sittin on the same lot.

I need to maintain a lot of pasture, that's about it...

I don't know jack about either model though. Not that excited about the 560 being a 5 forward 1 reverse trans... But I'm sure it'll be sufficient for what I'll be using it for.

They're both within my budget, just don't know which would be a better tractor.

Ive got a 560 diesel wide front, its a great tractor. A medium sized batwing would look great behind it.
The 806 would be good too, put a bucket on that and you can do anything.
Ive got an 826 that we have a backhoe attachment on. I use my 826 for everything.

Posted while playing HALO 4

Id definitely go with the 806when it comes to brush hogging something with a lil more a$$ is needed. Our9 foot labors are884 pretty good at times. And its 72 horse

I'd go with the 806. I have an 826 and I use it for everything. 560's are not bad, but the 806 is a better and stronger tractor IMO

The only thing I'm overly concerned about with the 806 is size honestly. I have some trails through the tree's that I'd like to keep cut out too.

I thought the 560 might be better at that.

The 806 is big but not much bigger than a 506. Whats the biggest implement you plan to slap on this thing?

Well, I just bought the place this summer... So next spring summer is when I see how the pasture does on it's own, just being cut and weeds sprayed.

If I need to break it up and spread seed I might pull a disk through it I guess, no plow though.

Ih offered a turbo kit for these way back when. It was for high altitude usage. It uses the manifold off of a TD9-282 crawler.
Part no
407055R91

Here's a picture of each.

3.jpg

7.jpg

Back