II 62/s400 - effecient boost levels?

Camotanker

All American Retard
Yo gang,

Wondering what is the most power you folks are aware of with the Industrial Injection 62/12 and s400 setup. i heard 860hp on diesel only.

second question, what is the most effecient boost level to run with this setup? they come set at 60psi. how much can i turn the boost up and they still remain effecient?

thank you in advance.
scott

860 on #2 sounds almost unbelievable. I'm no expert on twin turbos, but that sounds like more air than a s400 can push. I would think high 700's, maybe 800 flat would be the limit of that setup.

What turbo(s) are you running now at 667hp?

860 on #2 sounds almost unbelievable. I'm no expert on twin turbos, but that sounds like more air than a s400 can push. I would think high 700's, maybe 800 flat would be the limit of that setup.

What turbo(s) are you running now at 667hp?

that came out of the mouth of the builder of II's twins. he has always shot it straight with me. wonder who it is and what were the conditons. he told me to turn the boost from 60 to 75psi and that should help... but i want to make sure i'm not leaving the effeciency range of the turbos. i have read on other forums that a stock s400 can push 50psi... but don't know if its true.

the 667hp is with a stage2 cp3 and flux2's.

he told me that the same guy with the same turbos, 62overS400, made 1300hp with nitrous.

I've watched 870hp on 50/50 water/meth on a silver 64 single with a stage 2 modded CP3. I'd hope the 62/400 combo can support more than that.

I have ran a 62-12 over a s400 74-1.32 and can push it to 52 psi off the primary and 80 psi overall. My last dyno was 667 and 1300+ trq with no load at all. I might have got 38 to 40 psi overall on that pull.

Bponci, internal or external wastegate?

How much can the secondary's internal wastegate support before an external gate is required?

I've watched 870hp on 50/50 water/meth on a silver 64 single with a stage 2 modded CP3. I'd hope the 62/400 combo can support more than that.

those numbers seem high for a stage2 cp3... even with the water/meth.

I have ran a 62-12 over a s400 74-1.32 and can push it to 52 psi off the primary and 80 psi overall. My last dyno was 667 and 1300+ trq with no load at all. I might have got 38 to 40 psi overall on that pull.

wow... there we go... 50+psi off of a s400... but is it still in its effeciency range.

i learned with a smaller set of twins... 60psi or more and the power was gone and EGT's sky hi. back to lower than 60psi and the power was there and egt's in check. by turning the boost up... i don't want to go backwards in power and cooling.

Scott,

I saw a compressor map for the 74mm S400 and as I remember it, the top of the efficency range was about 36psi. I tried to find the map again and I have not been able to. Maybe I was just imagining it?

Paul

My setup is internal on the secondary and external off the primary. It doesnt matter where i set my secondary (20 to 60 psi) The primary still produces the same. If i dump off the primary the power drops off fast. I have set it from 30 to closed off. It runs ok. There is always room for improvement. I have a 80mm primary on it and still can push it to 44-48 psi. Have tried 62.80, 62.70, 64.80, 64.70, 66.80, 66.70 all with a 65mm exhaust and a 71mm exhaust wheels all with the same boost numbers as stated above.

Scott,

I saw a compressor map for the 74mm S400 and as I remember it, the top of the efficency range was about 36psi. I tried to find the map again and I have not been able to. Maybe I was just imagining it?

Paul

Paul,
That sounds right... as for effeciency. Just looking for some back up in that information. I need to get a bung welded onto my coldpipe to see what the bottom one is making.

I've got 12mm ARP studs... I wonder how much boost they will hold before the head gasket lets go... I'm willing to try 75psi and see what happens... where is the limit though?

I find that to be a little high, honestly. Were they both wastegated? How many stages of N20?

I'm really not sure the details, thats why I thought I would ask. I would like to find out what the effeciency range of my twins are... for tuning...

and what kind of power overall they have for potential. thanks again all of you.

hmmmm Nathan told my my 62/71/13 over an S480 had enough air to atleast be in the 800's?? My stocker over an s400 with a stock fuel system dynoed at 580 I would think with the airdog or fass and the stocker over the s400 would have been right at 620 or so.. If i can finish my airdog tomorrow I am goona try to get on a dyno tomorrow night and see what the new combo will pull right now I am peaking at 60 psi but on my stock fuel system I am running out of fuel quick... I should be able to hit 70+ or more with more fuel... but i am pretty sure that's getting up there for they're efficiency range..

I would think your set up would be screaming in the 60 psi range...????

hmmmm Nathan told my my 62/71/13 over an S480 had enough air to atleast be in the 800's?? My stocker over an s400 with a stock fuel system dynoed at 580 I would think with the airdog or fass and the stocker over the s400 would have been right at 620 or so.. If i can finish my airdog tomorrow I am goona try to get on a dyno tomorrow night and see what the new combo will pull right now I am peaking at 60 psi but on my stock fuel system I am running out of fuel quick... I should be able to hit 70+ or more with more fuel... but i am pretty sure that's getting up there for they're efficiency range..

I would think your set up would be screaming in the 60 psi range...????

The stocker -400 made made 580 on stock fuel and no boxes. What are your' drive pressures?

Osci, hope you can get your turbos sorted out.
Damm I have been through 3 sets!
I ran the BD towing twins...2 S300's and peaked at 575hp/55psi/70psi of d/p/1250f. They would not get my combination to 600hp. Heck I had Flux 3.5's, stage 2 pump and a Smarty.

Osci, hope you can get your turbos sorted out.
Damm I have been through 3 sets!
I ran the BD towing twins...2 S300's and peaked at 575hp/55psi/70psi of d/p/1250f. They would not get my combination to 600hp. Heck I had Flux 3.5's, stage 2 pump and a Smarty.

I'm wondering drive pressures. Something don't add up f-1 or 2? and hot juice and net 480, you tell me?

I'm wondering drive pressures. Something don't add up f-1 or 2? and hot juice and net 480, you tell me?

I made 435 with Flux 2's, stage 2 pump, Edge Juice "Hot" and a 64/12 single. Cannot comment on the drive pressure never measured.
Same fueling but with BD twins, 485hp.,.,.,.,

you tell me how come so low?

Back