Indiana Diesel Shootout - June 8th

I think you're the only one who thinks this....159mph would be a 8.3-8.4 in a well set up gas car. The ET and mph make sense on the 8.70 pass.

No, not quite...depends on the weight and the the back half ability. 159 in his truck according to his time slip is correct. mid to high 8's.

mid to Low 8's will need to be in the mid to upper 160's, just the way all turbo charged engines work...

In my limited experience, when a truck smokes the lights, the timing system doesn't know the truck has left the beams as the smoke is blocking the lights even though the truck is gone. Two things happen with the timing system/ET slip, very slow R/T and very fast 60' depending on the time it takes for the smoke to clear.

Time slips tell the tale. The one posted shows decent R/T and 60' times well within reason for those ET's.

As for something hanging down under the truck, this has no affect on a time slip unless right behind the front tire affectively lenghtening his roll out.

Last edited:
First and foremost, I would like to thank all of my sponsors.
BULLY DOG – For giving me an opportunity to highlight our success on and off the track.
RKL Transmission – Putting up with me all hours of the night and making sure the 48re was where we needed it to be.
Diesel Pros – Getting me a camshaft that rocks, and keeping me thinking on the right track.
Dynomite Diesel – Listening to my concerns and providing me with a great product.
Mountain High Performance – Getting my cylinder head in shape and stuffed with their “BIG VALVES”.
Motorsport Diesel – Setting me up with pumps to support the fuel I needed.
Pureflow Airdog – Supplying me lift pressure.
Fleece Performance Engineering – Getting me the Turbo and helping me out with other odds and ends.
Fluildampr – Providing excellent product.
Red Line Synthetic Oiil – Providing me with superior product and guiding me to the right choice of fluids.
Nitrous Outlet – Getting me all my nitrous needs.
BD Power – Getting me an intercooler that works.
Hellman Performance – Providing me with side mount intake the rocks.
Suncoast Performance – Getting me the kit to fix the 2wd Shaft weakness.
And to all the Competitors out there who have been kind enough to let me in and help out when we were in a bind. And to shoot the bull with about theory’s and what is needed to happen to keep moving forward. It is guys like you that will keep this industry growing.
Team Green – Philip, Robert, Earl. That last race against you guys, I know I lost that round to you guys, I still believe I left the lights early and by chance fouled them with smoke. In my books that pass was not a legit pass. I was willing to let you have the round. But you gave me another opportunity to back up my times. You all are guys I look up to in this industry. I am glad that I pitted next to guys the first time I took the truck out at Scheid’s.
Also to my crew at the track and back at the shop. So many have helped getting this truck out to the public and to the track. Lots of countless hours were spent on this truck to get it where it is now.
Last to my Wife, She has put up with me and supported me through the last few years. I know without her I probably would be lost.
We will be at Muncie to see if we can back those times up. The waste gate will be re-plumbed and the Trans Blanket will be modified.

First and foremost, I would like to thank all of my sponsors.
BULLY DOG – For giving me an opportunity to highlight our success on and off the track.
RKL Transmission – Putting up with me all hours of the night and making sure the 48re was where we needed it to be.
Diesel Pros – Getting me a camshaft that rocks, and keeping me thinking on the right track.
Dynomite Diesel – Listening to my concerns and providing me with a great product.
Mountain High Performance – Getting my cylinder head in shape and stuffed with their “BIG VALVES”.
Motorsport Diesel – Setting me up with pumps to support the fuel I needed.
Pureflow Airdog – Supplying me lift pressure.
Fleece Performance Engineering – Getting me the Turbo and helping me out with other odds and ends.
Fluildampr – Providing excellent product.
Red Line Synthetic Oiil – Providing me with superior product and guiding me to the right choice of fluids.
Nitrous Outlet – Getting me all my nitrous needs.
BD Power – Getting me an intercooler that works.
Hellman Performance – Providing me with side mount intake the rocks.
Suncoast Performance – Getting me the kit to fix the 2wd Shaft weakness.
And to all the Competitors out there who have been kind enough to let me in and help out when we were in a bind. And to shoot the bull with about theory’s and what is needed to happen to keep moving forward. It is guys like you that will keep this industry growing.
Team Green – Philip, Robert, Earl. That last race against you guys, I know I lost that round to you guys, I still believe I left the lights early and by chance fouled them with smoke. In my books that pass was not a legit pass. I was willing to let you have the round. But you gave me another opportunity to back up my times. You all are guys I look up to in this industry. I am glad that I pitted next to guys the first time I took the truck out at Scheid’s.
Also to my crew at the track and back at the shop. So many have helped getting this truck out to the public and to the track. Lots of countless hours were spent on this truck to get it where it is now.
Last to my Wife, She has put up with me and supported me through the last few years. I know without her I probably would be lost.
We will be at Muncie to see if we can back those times up. The waste gate will be re-plumbed and the Trans Blanket will be modified.

Sounds good man. I hope you back them up too. Nothing bad about seeing a cr go 8s.

Looking forward to seeing you run again at Muncie, Jarid. Congrats!

Also, major props to Team Green for allowing Jarid to back up the 8.8 run :clap:

Last edited:
I hope you guys are right. It would be awesome for a cr to be running those times and nobody wants to see it more than me. And if it is, Jared, Ill be the first to apologize and shake your hand. We will see at the next event I guess. If the truck is in muncie, we wanna run heads up. That will take the guessing away. Or if the wastegate plumbing is fixed and the trans blanket is pulled up out of the way of the beams, then there will be no arguement. But at this point, there is just too much against it.

Not wanting to start a fight, but I'm just wondering, what makes racing you the authority on whether his truck ran those times. It seems to me that you should be glad for someone in a CR to be this fast and to know with some additional tuning yours can be there too. It's up to NHRDA to make any call about his runs, it's not really professional to get on the site and politic against him. It's not going to change anything and it makes you look like a sour grape! JM$.02!

Actually, it wasnt us that mentioned the heads up race at first. It was someone else in the class. But we were the closest to running the same time, so in a heads up race, if they outran us then it would show that they were faster than a 9.0. Almost everyone in the class questioned his runs because of the smoke under the truck on launch. Randy was confronted about it by more than one person as well.

I am extremely excited to see a cr run those times. I just hope they are for real. I congradulated Jared on the runs. I respect what he has done with the truck whether they are legit or not. If the truck runs the #'s, then he deserves it because he has worked hard for it.

In all the vids and pics ive seen i cant see any smoke under truck untill after it launches, i would think his wastegate doesnt open till 50+lbs and i know he isnt launching at that type of boost so unless they are leaking there should be no smoke coming from them at the line.

the trans blanket wouldnt really make any difference as his front tires would trip any beams/lights before it ever got to that. Now if he had something coming out of the front bumper in front of the tires i could see that being a issue.

If you watch the video that ryan posted from the big end he had a good 6-8 lengths on a truck that was running 9.40's so i dont think the 8.8 and 8.7 runs were flukes

In all the vids and pics ive seen i cant see any smoke under truck untill after it launches.
That's correct. Lot's of stink caused over the one run. Everyone forgets that he made like 3 other runs that day in the 8's. Everyone seems to concentrate on the 7 second run that was obviously an issue. There are about 100 pics on AirDog's facebook if folks want to check them out. Should answer lots of peoples questions.

http://www.facebook.com/airdogdieselrx

The 8 second runs were solid. The 7 second one, no. Congrats to jared and nice meeting you.

With all the 8 second hoopla, I forgot the big congrats to Mr. Phil Tayor for out running all the Pro Street big guns and taking another win. Nice work Mr. Taylor!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhef3U6TLck"]NHRDA 2013: Backing it up - YouTube[/ame]

you can see the wastegates dump about 5-10 feet out, but lights have already been triggered at that point

Last edited:
We had a good time at the pulls. I thought it was a good event. Only thing lacking was the seating for spectators, but I heard they're gonna fix that.

Going from SS to 3.0 to 2.6 in pic order. Taken with a Nikon Coolpix 16MP camera

DSCN0947_zpsd5fc70d4.jpg

DSCN0945_zps7488b245.jpg

DSCN0944_zps2e41d239.jpg

DSCN0942_zps341538f1.jpg

DSCN0940_zpse939b18a.jpg

DSCN0939_zps2f99bf74.jpg

DSCN0938_zps49e65890.jpg

DSCN0937_zps1847217d.jpg

DSCN0936_zpscb2224a4.jpg

DSCN0934_zps3bd4cb1e.jpg

DSCN0933_zpsd4713215.jpg

This guy won 2.6. Quite the story of getting the engine running and the truck pulling. He built the engine himself and used a little of everyones parts.

DSCN0932_zps5cb5e051.jpg

DSCN0930_zps1daff52e.jpg

DSCN0929_zps3f22fbea.jpg

DSCN0928_zpsc2e27ec7.jpg

DSCN0927_zps09bdc2ed.jpg

DSCN0926_zps997804d6.jpg

DSCN0925_zps293291dd.jpg

DSCN0924_zps3ac598e1.jpg

DSCN0923_zps9a03a4f3.jpg

DSCN0922_zpsc64c37ab.jpg

DSCN0921_zps8f2cf259.jpg

This guy looked like he was doing the Chevy...
DSCN0920_zps7c41f621.jpg

Back