Injection timing and N2O

KILLER 'B'

Pro Wrench Turner
Thoughts? what have been your experiences with injection timing and N2O.. I would think it needs to be significantly retarded for N2O, but that's what this thread is for hopefully..

LOL i don't own the truck, but he wants me to find out how much timing he should run for the biggest shot of N2O he can give it.. i was thinking 18-20ish, but i think it really depends on how fast it will be spinning.. or does it really need to be retarded, because ignition is started by injection, so i suppose it really doesn't need be.. any other opinions out there?

Right now he has 191's, 5x.018's at 4100psi, 25*. He made 560 on fuel and 794 with a bottle opened in the intake.

I would leave it there.I bet His timing is some where in the area of 18-20 on a timing light. I would spray mine and Im at 32

what solnieds is he using how big of jets? full cuts suck in a p-pumped 24v

what solnieds is he using how big of jets? full cuts suck in a p-pumped 24v

I don't think Ron is talking about a p-pumped 24v since he mentioned 5x0.018s...correct me if I'm wrong...

How much more bottle are you going to give it?

umm. he's probably going to go as big as he possibly can.. he wants to scatter it.. i know it sounds funny, but then again, you don't know out buddy Jim, :hehe:

I'd run about 20 degrees and spray the snot out of it. Run nozzles, they'll atomize better than just dumping it in. NX makes a kit with two .157 solenoids and nozzles for $900. Back a few years ago when Chris Werner and Gary Riley were playing with that stuff they were seeing about 400 at the wheels, or more with that kit plus another stage. I know with nitrous you don't need that much timing....I gained 150 hp at the wheels with just an .080 jet on stock timing.

the more i think about it the more that timing isn't as critical as i thought it was..

Whenever I run a lot of nitrous I always have the timing low, about 20-22. Though a buddy of mine was just at the track running 30+ with a small jet and it seemed alright.

for the record tho, i just made full cuts for our p-pumped 24 and they helped a bunch..

I know my truck and a few others that 191s are more than enough. I run 181s 191s where way to much.I could only get 65x out of 191 and that was at 3/4 throtle and at full it woul loose even more power.With 181s I mad 678 with the plate almost all the way back.

On the 12v, like jason said put the timing at 20 if youre going to spray the chit out of it. Timing makes cylinder presure and so does n2o so low timing will help save the head gasket

Back