injector and hp questions

tyler995

ive got an 02 that has a 363 with .91AR over 475 with 1.32AR, stage 3 cam, 110lb valve springs, scheid stage 2 vp44 and .093 lines. what injectors should I run? I had a set of monster mike 6x13s and .093 crossover tubes and it made 500hp and 980tq at 55lbs of boost. I was told with this setup it should easily make 800hp at about 80+lbs of boost on fuel only? do I not have big enough injectors? are my lines too big? I thought the trans was slipping so I built a full billet 47re and triple disc converter and im still at 500hp... im also running a comp box. any input would help please!!

wtf is a stage 3 cam? and you said noting about what electronics you are using.

every stage 3 cam is the same? 188/220... Hamilton.. and a comp box for electronics. sorry

I'd say that's not enough injector, I got to around 700 with 7x.016"s on my 01 setup similarly

I'd say that's not enough injector, I got to around 700 with 7x.016"s on my 01 setup similarly

i disagree. plenty of injector for the hp he is after.

op ever ran it down the track? might want to try different electronics as well.

A larger injector may help out but it seems like you have problems elsewhere, my 02 with a h.o. pump and 7x.012 made 600 with 63/72, edge comp, and stock cam. Have you tried out different electronics?

No one said anything about fuel delivery! I'm hoping you have an airdog or a fass 150 or bigger ?

Sorry about not being on in a while! and yes I have a fass 260. and it hasn't been down the track yet, this spring it will be though. I just picked up a set of injectors.. not sure on the exact size yet but they are at the fuel lab being flowed. they have 350-rz or 350-r2 engraved on them? they are 7 hole with what looks to be large feed bodies. and yeah I tried with a smarty. that's where I got the 500hp numbers. I picked up the comp and waiting to go to the dyno with the bigger injectors and comp on it. but even with the comp on the street it only makes about 55lbs of boost at WOT

You should tell a pretty big difference going to the comp box over smarty, the smarty doesn't really do much at all hp wise

Get the drag comp (hot unlock) for fueling and a set of 6x.018s if you want to maximize your current setup. But you'll never make 800 on that vp. You'll need a monster pump or a p-pump swap.

Back