Injector breakdown question?

2 Micron

I'm having a hard time understanding how you get more fuel from an injector that is setup to inject more fuel (like orifice size,injector internal mods,etc.) when you are still only sending 12MM of plungged fuel from the pump?(P7100). Are you just returning less fuel and using more, or is there something I'm missing? I know the pop pressure is still set to spec but you're still only sending 12mm of fuel?

you just answered your question there. when you open the nozzle of the injectors, change pintle lift, pop off pressure, and other mods you are allowing more fuel to be delivered instead of being returned. the 12mm means the diameter of the plunger not the travel or total amount being delivered.

Thank you for the reply. Is there a size injector that you get to a point that you need to go with the 13mm or bigger plunger? One other thing found when I adjusted the timing on my pump was the stoke is also 12mm.

go outside, find a really big tree...... and head butt it

First let me ask this: do you think that the pump is always 100% efficient?

Second, fuel is measured as a volume, not a diameter or length.

you dont measure fuel in inches?

cc which would be cubic centimeters, or ci which is cubic inches like what some engines are measured in, cubic which is measuring the area of the volume, not meaning like length thats why its cubic.

If i am wrong someone please add to this, but I think I am pretty close might have worded something wrong.

Ok, now that i have head butted the tree, wiped the blood from my eyes , and finished reading the rest of the replies, i didn't find any answers to my second post...

cc which would be cubic centimeters, or ci which is cubic inches like what some engines are measured in, cubic which is measuring volume, not meaning like length which is a power of 1 (inches^1) or area which is power of 2 (inches ^2) thats why its cubic (inches^3). substitute centimeters in the parentheses as necessary.

If i am wrong someone please add to this, but I think I am pretty close might have worded something wrong.

edited :Cheer:

To the OP, look at the injector sticky in this section. It explains with pictures.

Thank you for the reply. Is there a size injector that you get to a point that you need to go with the 13mm or bigger plunger?

It depends more on the nozzle/holder type, often past a certain point increasing orifice size will not make more power.

I'm having a hard time understanding how you get more fuel from an injector that is setup to inject more fuel (like orifice size,injector internal mods,etc.) when you are still only sending 12MM of plungged fuel from the pump?(P7100). Are you just returning less fuel and using more, or is there something I'm missing? I know the pop pressure is still set to spec but you're still only sending 12mm of fuel?

Below will explain a little better.

It depends more on the nozzle/holder type, often past a certain point increasing orifice size will not make more power.

Check this out

Back