Injector cleaning/servicing

SuperDave4x4

popcorn playa
Well I bought the injectors that are in my truck now back in 2006 from Scott over at Mass Diesel. They were used with about a 1000 miles on them or so and I'm wondering if they need to be removed and sent off to be cleaned? I thought about replacing them all together, but would I come out ahead by just having my cleaned and pop tested? Or could they be rebuilt?

Any info would be helpful and/or direction on who to talk to would be good..

Smokem.. What ya think? :evil

ahh, I was way off!

I would have them cleaned and checked by a reputable shop; if they need more work done (i.e. honed, etc) then go from there.

Do you suspect something wrong? What makes you think you need to pull them? Just age?

never a bad thing to have them popped and cleaned.... and maybe even new nozzles installed.... or just buy a new set, then send yours to be repopped and cleaned and sell them.....2 cent

That is correct. Last time i talked with greg @ exergy they didn't service mechanical injectors. Send them to Weston....he is the mechanical injector guru!!!!

Thanks Dually.

I did some searching on the forums and found some old posts of mine. It seems these injectors have some where in the ball park of 90-100,000 miles on them. I found and add where I listed my HX35 for sale with 130,000 miles on it and I installed the 150s long before I replaced my HX.

No problem. He has done a few for my friends and I've never heard a bad word about him.....yet. LOL

Back