Injector problems HELP

cmont58

Yankee
Here's the deal I was throwing a #2 miss fire code before Christmas and pulled the injector to find that the bolt going through the spool valve that holds the solenoid on was broken. I replaced the bolt and the truck ran fine for a couple weeks then developed a miss again from the same injector. Pulled the injector back out a couple weeks ago and the same bolt was broken so I packed it up and sent it to Warren's for a rebuild. Installed the rebuilt injector when I received it and the truck ran awesome for one day then developed a miss for the same #2 injector. While the truck was apart I checked the rocker arm and push rod that is closest to the bolt to see if there was some way it could be hitting the injector and breaking it but nothing was out of place. I'm thinking that the bolt broke again but the truck is my daily driver right now so I really can't tear it back down to check. Has anyone else ran into this issue and if so what did you do to fix it? In no way am I saying it is Warren's fault but it is very disheartening to have my truck back together for only one day and it needs tore back apart.

put a good injector in it!

wholesale from Ford, an injector is around $200

you're replacing bolts and trying to have a junk injector remanufactured, etc. how much time do you have invested in this injector so far? :confused:

life lesson: when dealing with a 6.0, by Ford injectors

Back