Injector pump removal help

b4ctrooper

Anger Issues
Motor is out of the truck, waiting to go into the car. You can see an update here:
Cummins drag car is home! - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Anyway, I am pulling the Pump off to have it sent out. The engine is at TDC. Now, my question is, is there a keyway on the pump shaft where the gear slides on? I just want to make sure before I pull the gear off so I can mark everything accordingly.
I figured now is the time to do this BEFORE the engine goes in. Can't get much easier. Plus, I can tackle the KDP with the cover off.

What gen? 2nd or 3rd?? Third gen easy no keyway! 2nd just line up the gears and remove the pump REMEMBER that keyway is matched to the pump if you look at it there is a number on it. Write it down and put in a safe place in the event you lose it!

Now, my question is, is there a keyway on the pump shaft where the gear slides on? I just want to make sure before I pull the gear off so I can mark everything accordingly.
I figured now is the time to do this BEFORE the engine goes in. Can't get much easier. Plus, I can tackle the KDP with the cover off.

The pump shaft is keyed, but the gear is not.

No key just pop the gear off. It does have a slot for one on the pump shaft. But it was not used in the truck application.

Back