Injector Solenoid

mykal41

TrukWurks
I lost a solenoid today. I OHM tested the set and all are 1.3 except #4. #4 was 4.8. Not a fun trip home after the injector shutdown.

Does anyone know where I can get a solenoid.:pop:

I had the same problem a few weeks ago, I had to buy just an injector. Find my thread there is a guy who will sell just the solenoid.

Just a solenoid

Ind Inj told me they have their cores that they have not yet sent to Bosch and will sell Just the solenoid on an exchange basis. The 4.8 is WAY off. The others you mentioned are definitely what you need. I would call them and then send them the whole injector body and have they R&R with one of their core solenoids that is a close match to what you have.

I lost a solenoid today. I OHM tested the set and all are 1.3 except #4. #4 was 4.8. Not a fun trip home after the injector shutdown.

i have done this more than once and with a snap on multi meter i always get
.4-.5 ohms resistance with the wires unhooked and the terminals free of oil, 1.3 sounds kinda high for the others, it was easy to swap the solenoid, also i noticed with the bad solenoid off the inj body i could tap on it and change the ohms of resistance. industrial injection or tc diesel will hook you up.:Cheer:

Nope

1.3 or so is plenty good. Anything abv 4.0 is a NO can do. Obviously the closer to 0 you can get is the better but if you ck enough of them then you'll find that under 1.5 is a good bunch of solenoids on your truck.

1.3 or so is plenty good. Anything abv 4.0 is a NO can do. Obviously the closer to 0 you can get is the better but if you ck enough of them then you'll find that under 1.5 is a good bunch of solenoids on your truck.

thats good to know

What is the deal with #4? I lost #4 also.

Tobin

I spoke with a buddy of mine yesterday and he has been through a bunch of solenoids on his number four. Makes me nervous. It seems a bunch of us have number four issues. I will swap the solenoid today and see how long it lasts.

Todd over at TC diesel has been a big help.

Back