injector tip broke off......

Jpscustoms

inj1.jpg

182614_189019564454228_100000385567589_523052_2228146_n.jpg

Any guess on how the piston and head look like? Oil level was over full too......

should have left the engine in its original truck..... lol

That sucks. I just did a rebuild for a friend of mine because of a broken tip. The head had to be surfaced, one new valve, a new pushrod, and one new piston. Though it doesn't look like yours broke as big of a piece off the tip. You may be lucky, but either way I'd pull the head off to check/remove debris and check out the piston and head.

before you pull head off just use a bore scope and see what looks like

It blew the hg when it hydro-locked, engines coming out and getting rebuilt. hopefully the head isnt damaged to bad....The injectors are ddp2s

How many miles on the injectors? I keep hearing more and more bad $hit about their stuff...

I dropped one on a 24v.....you dont wanna know what it looked like. On a lighter note, it ran for another year before I found out.

dropping an injector tip on a 12valve isn't a common occurence is it, is there a difference in the tip from a stock injector to a ddp2

dropping an injector tip on a 12valve isn't a common occurence is it, is there a difference in the tip from a stock injector to a ddp2

You don't really hear of it happening very often. Just remember that you get what you pay for, and a cheap set of injectors could end up costing you a lot of money.

Here is a picture of the piston out of the engine I had to rebuild:

Attachments

• piston.jpg
    piston.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 0
Back