Injector?

white93

I recently picked up a set of fairly new injectors to use in the future, but I think one got messed up when it was first installed. Somehow the little ball on the side to position the injector is further in the body than the rest, 2mm to be exact. The body itself looks okay but I'm not sure what is on the other side of that little ball that got messed up. I think it was torqued down without the ball being in its slot. Do you guys think its still useable?

Last edited:
It's fine, just make sure you keep the ball centered on the indent in the head when you torque it down so the return line bolts up square and true, otherwise you'll have stripped threads on the injector body from cross threading the return banjo bolts.

That's good to hear. The return bolt hole looks good, not stripped. I'm willing to bet that the truck these came off of didn't run very good with the spray angle off on one injector.LOL

If its 2 mm in then the ball is entirely pushed into the injector. This means it is pushing against the compression spring. Will still work but can wear or crack a hole in the side of the body behind the ball, cause pintle steer, and probably cause a change in the spring rate. Send it out to get it replaced. They probably wont be able to get the spring out so you will need a different body, spring, and shims.

Back