Injectorparts.com "jammer" vs. edge. Differences? Experiences? Opinions?

crackerman

I have been seeing more and more injectors for sale with injector parts.com 8 hole nozzles on em. Checking out the site they are "jammer" nozzles. What is the difference between these and the edge jammers that were released years ago? Copy cat?

Has any one ran injector parts.com injectors or nozzles? What are your experiences?

I am looking into a remanufactured set for my 12v.
I believe my brothers "mystery" 24v 8x.010's are from injector parts.com. He loves em. Smoke free cruising and fairly clean nice power.
What are your thoughts?

I had the 5x17s in my 12v for a couple years and loved em. Never an issue. No smoke at idle either.

Now that i remember actually they took some love to get right. Bought the nozzles. 5 of 6 failed horribly at a leak test. Took a good 3 extra hours to get lapped and no drips. But once they were done no issues.

5 of 6 failed horribly at a leak test. Took a good 3 extra hours to get lapped and no drips. But once they were done no issues.

I agree, took quite a bit to get them to not leak past the seat.

What do you use to lap them? Regular valve lapping compound or is it too coarse of a compound? Jeweler's Rouge?

Do you spin the needle by hand, or grab onto it with something?

We had a machine that was pretty much a stationary drill. Had a chuck and a variable speed controller. Take the needle out and lock into the chuck. Dip nozzle into calibration fluid(viscor iirc). Then as it's spinning move the nozzle in and out. I wouldn't consider compound personally. Maybe thin oil or diesel. Or a mixture of 2 stroke and diesel might work well. I bet a drill press would work well also.

Back