Injectors for '87 6.9L idi

dirt-trackin

New at the whole diesel scene but was wondering if there was something i could do with the injectors.. maybe get new ones that are bigger? I know you can get a turbo kit form a couple companies like banks makes one ATS makes one that i hear is pretty good for the money and then Hypermax also makes one.. but i was looking for something on the injectors as well.. if anyone could either help me out or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!!!

-Swanson Mod #23

You Can get the Injectors out of a '93.5-'94 IDI Turbo Diesel.. They flow a bit more tahn Stockers.. Plus tehgres a Company out there taht built Injectors for the IDI's

I have a 6.9l With a Banks Sidewinder Turbo, a '94 Injector Pump and Injectors The power is great.. Turn up the Pump and get a bit more out of it just don't go nuts

what bobus said, factory turbo trucks also have stronger rods in them too.

Mid West Fuel Injection has most everything for stock replacement parts, also I believe most injector shop should be able to bump up your stockers. I believe Mal (agnem) on oilburners.net is making performance pumps and injectors.

If you are looking for good stock replacments, get Delphi BB codes. If you want performance..... go to oilburners.net and PM "Agnem" (Mel) about a set of his moose injectors.

G codes (injectors on the factory turbo IDI) are an emissions injector and actually are felt to hurt performance. These injectors and the incredibly restrictive stock down pipe are believed to be the reason for the anemic 5 hp gain the factory turbo'ed IDI had over the N/A IDI.

Heath

Pensacola Diesel will be cheaper in every area than the linked company.

I have G codes and a factory turbo IP in my truck, and can't wait to get the money to replace them. Sure, it's better than a naturally aspirated 6.9, but I don't feel that it's that great of a performer. Fuel economy is horrible, and the smoke is insane. Get some matched and balanced BB codes, and a good pump.

Back