injectors keep clogging!

dodgeram2500

Sorry for the long post before hands guys... So the truck is a 95 5spd. It's pretty stock, with 280,000 miles on the ticker. All it's got is a #5 plate, 4k gsk, 62/65/12 turbo, and an AD150. I just recently added a set of DDP 75hp injectors too. The truck has been running great sense i put the injectors in, no issues, untill now. The truck first started smoking white, popping, and not revving past about 2000 rpm. i searched a bunch on this website, and did everything i could find. checked fuel psi (40 @ idle), stretched the ofv to .550in and added a ball point pen spring cut to .550in, the fuel tank is brand new (broken driveshaft took that one out), I pulled the injection lines off and cleaned them out, reset valve lash to 10 and 20 and tripple checked the timing (14.5*). I started the truck and no change at all. I had my stock injectors on the shelf, so i figured i would put those back in, and poof! It runs good again! I drove the truck about 500 miles or so, and it started popping and not revving againg??? So i sent the injectors back to DDP to have them looked at. They said the only thing wrong was a bit of carbon build-up, and the fuel looked kinda dirty (weird cuz i got new everything from the fuel tank to the injection pump) Could i have a problem with my injector pump? I pulled my stockers tonight and they looked really, really dirty. I would hate to put these DDP's in again and have the same issue? Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks, Matt

change your fuel filter if you haven't yet. The problem with DDP is they are not near as reliable as you think. I factored out my 1 yr old DDP3 injectors when i was chasing my popping and studdering issues because they are just a year old!! they are supposed to be good right? I did EVERYTHING, and never really solved the issue, just blamed it on the elevation. Then when i had the motor apart weston took a look at the pictures of the spray pattern on my pistons and said they were bad. I sent them out to him and boy were they pretty skewed for 1 yr old injectors!! Now that they are freshened up and good to go the truck runs BEAUTIFUL, no popping or any of that old crap untill 3850 rpm or so.

Hope some of this helps!

I installed the AD150 when I had to replace the fuel tank. My entire fuel supply up to the p7100 has only about 6k miles on it? I unhooked the supply line at the inj pump and turned on the air dog. The fuel coming to the inj pump is very clean. I unhooked all my fuel lines at the injectors and it seems there might be some oil contamination??? What could cause oil to be leaking from the p7100 into the fuel lines?

I installed the AD150 when I had to replace the fuel tank. My entire fuel supply up to the p7100 has only about 6k miles on it? I unhooked the supply line at the inj pump and turned on the air dog. The fuel coming to the inj pump is very clean. I unhooked all my fuel lines at the injectors and it seems there might be some oil contamination??? What could cause oil to be leaking from the p7100 into the fuel lines?

If you have contamination it will be putting fuel into the oil, not oil into the fuel. The fuel cavity in your pump is pressurized to 40psi (as you stated) and the oil in the pump housing is under zero pressure...simply drains out the front once the oil level is high enough.

What method are you using to check timing?

Where do you purchase your fuel from?

Running any additives to the fuel?

I have the Snap-On timing tool. I used AllData and this website for the recommended procedure. I usually get fuel from Shell, or Safeway. The only places near me for diesel. I have been running an anti-jel fuel treatment because of the cold weather here.

Back