Injectors w/ DPS 62/s475

Gambler

Looking for a good set of sticks to go w/ DPS compounds. I'm not chasing Hp numbers. Just a solid DD w/ occasional 5th wheel pulling...180 pump bench flowed to 375cc w/ 4gsk, #60 springs, FASS 150, 4" exh, studs...
I originally looked at SDX 5x.014's, but thinking more along the lines of 5x.012's now and possibly later adding dv's.

My pump isn't benched, just all the free mods and a set of 191 DV's, and my setup is way too hot and smoky with the 5x14's. It's not uncommon to see 1600+ if Im not paying attention to the pyrometer. More tuning is in order for me still. Just my .02
P.S-fill out your sig so we know what you're working on.

Last edited:
My pump isn't benched, just all the free mods and a set of 191 DV's, and my setup is way too hot and smoky with the 5x14's. It's not uncommon to see 1600+ if Im not paying attention to the pyrometer. More tuning is in order for me still. Just my .02

191s do run really hot. Alot hotter than my set of comps did with everything else the same

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

191s do run really hot. Alot hotter than my set of comps did with everything else the same

good to know..

thats whats in my pump right now.... mine is benched.. so yeowch... i have fuel pulled back to the minimum tho.. plates all the way back (accordin to DPE thats all i have to adjust to get my fuel) anyways... and my pyro is post turbo.. so i tend to just ignore it (for now) and watch the tailpipe.. with a light foot it does not smoke at all really and really makes a 35 fun... anyways back on topic who made your comps? im guessin smokem?

was thinkin of a 5x.016 with my setup... but from the above posts.. i best reconsider to a 5x.014..

thank you!

Last edited:

yeowch..

i was considerin a 300/475 twin set for streetability.., guess the pump at wide open would be wayy to much for that if you cannot cool a 362/480...:badidea:

possible to run it, but i wont get the most out of my benched pump... so back to the drawin board for me...

anyways to the Original poster.. how bout a set of BD twins.. read and hear nothing but good on them.. and for what you want them for.. they seem to be the ticket...

yeowch..

i was considerin a 300/475 twin set for streetability.., guess the pump at wide open would be wayy to much for that if you cannot cool a 362/480...:badidea:

possible to run it, but i wont get the most out of my benched pump... so back to the drawin board for me...

anyways to the Original poster.. how bout a set of BD twins.. read and hear nothing but good on them.. and for what you want them for.. they seem to be the ticket...

Its the 191s...not the pump..i have a 66/480 with a maxed pump and 5x18s and don't even come close to 1200

The air is not really the problem. The overall amount of air is plenty if everything is tuned.

12vf250, i went back and edited my sig...so why isn't popping up? btw, i do not plan on running DV's...I was informed to go w 5x.014's by several folks too...VCO's since mainly DD

If you run 5x.014's with stock delivery valves you'll be fine. That's really not a ton of fuel. And if you ever wanted to step up the horsepower a dv change is not hard and gains a good chunk of power.

I towed heavy up grades with both stock dv's and 5x14s and 024's and 5x18s on a 160hp pump, and in both cases engine temperatures rather than pyro were the limiting factor for me. But then again, I have a pretty small set of twins.

I'm planning on the putting the stock dv's back in for now, until I decide on a better set. Or maybe I'll just stay with the stockers, I only gained 8hp when I switched to the 191's. Thats not enough of a gain to risk melting pistons for.

I appreciate the replies gentlemen, thank you...it is my understanding that dv's really are not necessary or should I say, the last thing one would do as far as fuel...12vf250, you stated only 8hp gain, shouldn't it have been more? I was explained by, on my particular pump, that adding DV's, I should gain 125cc of fuel. An examle explained to me, w/ 375cc and 5x.014 w/ Super 40 = apx. 500hp. Would that be very drive-able, I think not. Although if I did run the set up, I would want my plate slid back all the way..

I appreciate the replies gentlemen, thank you...it is my understanding that dv's really are not necessary or should I say, the last thing one would do as far as fuel...12vf250, you stated only 8hp gain, shouldn't it have been more? I was explained by, on my particular pump, that adding DV's, I should gain 125cc of fuel. An examle explained to me, w/ 375cc and 5x.014 w/ Super 40 = apx. 500hp. Would that be very drive-able, I think not. Although if I did run the set up, I would want my plate slid back all the way..

191's are a hit and miss for people. I've talked to guys that love them an make gobs of power, and on the flip side I've talked to guys that won't ever touch them. If you ever try some delivery valves get someone to cut you a delivery valve to your application. My dads 12 valve in my signature is running a moderate ".042" delivery valve an my dad loves them. He runs no plate and they make that truck run great!

Yes, I was hoping for alot more hp gain than the 8 I got. However, I tested before and after on 2 different dynos. The first one was a load cell Mustang, and the second was an inertia dyno, so take that for what its worth. But my rediculous egt's are the driving force behind putting the stock dv's back in.

5x0.014's are a hair too large with the HX40. Drop to 5x0.012's and you'd probably have nicer EGT's. Where is your plate if you're running one at all. Overall boost? 500hp on a HX40 is still going to be a fairly hot affair. I'll say this. I have a 64mm, 181's and 5x0.014's and putting fuel all the way to it results in way more than it'll handle with my unbenched 180 pump. Some peoples pumps at full forward they have success with their HX35's, others you can't clean up for anything. There are two different routes being shown here by my setup and 12VF250. We both have 5x0.014's yet drastically different air setups. I'm sure he's running extremely conservative with a S480 primary and 5x0.014's while I am not running as conservative with what I have. Your fueling is more setup for a 62mm charger than an older style 60mm.

Last edited:
191's are a hit and miss for people. I've talked to guys that love them an make gobs of power, and on the flip side I've talked to guys that won't ever touch them. If you ever try some delivery valves get someone to cut you a delivery valve to your application. My dads 12 valve in my signature is running a moderate ".042" delivery valve an my dad loves them. He runs no plate and they make that truck run great!

on both my 12valves

they seem to be a drastic change (on a non calibrated butt dyno) over stockers, (181s, and more so over 131s) i did pick up about 30 horses with them on my old truck tho and they fueled much harder tho..

im waitin on a set of smokems to come about.. yet for my configuration... i cannot decide which ones ill need till i get more air to this thing...

Back