Injectors

9724VF350

Tractor Guy
I've got a 24V with a 12MM P3000 on it in a tractor. Rocken Tech's delivery valves, .093 holders, lines and tubes. I stuck a set of 7x? 300hp nozzles in it and was thinking about going to a set of 4x.028's Anybody ever have any experience with 4 big holes in a 24v application?

I run those on my truck. My HX40 clears it up on top but it's a bit smokey when i get into it hard below 800 rpm.

Haven't really got to that part yet. Know a guy in Va running a set. Ind Inj did them I think.

What are you doing with said tractor? I dont like the 4 hole injectors. I would run a 6 hole sac nozzle for competition. We have had good luck with the 6 hole injectors on the p pumped 24v's.

How are the 7 holes working out for you right now? You have any way of finding out the size? Are they too much or not enough as it sits?

Haven't run it enough times to really tell, only 6 or 7 pulls. need more fuel though. Takes about 4500 rpm with a good load on it to get the charger lit. I can pull one and check it. Gotta love working on a tractor engine. Stand next to it and do whatever. makes about 50psi on a ported head and a stock cam, cleans the smoke right up. much below 3800 and it gets under the charger. Pump may need some upgrades. It was brand new, intended for a 250 hp 8.1 Deere with no AFC and the fuel screw turned up till it started getting into start retard.

I would see what you are running and go from there. Like I said, I do like the 6 hole injectors. They are expensive, but I cant see myself ever running a 4 hole injector.

I would see what you are running and go from there. Like I said, I do like the 6 hole injectors. They are expensive, but I cant see myself ever running a 4 hole injector.

X2 on the 6hole sac style. They are pricey depending on where you get them. If your interested in a set PM me, maybe I can save you a few $.

Really not sure what it is, about a 2.9 Schweitzer with a T6 foot and a smooth bore.. It was on a engine that liked to come out at about 5800 and run down the track at about 5. Had to try it, the price was right. I know it's old and outdated.

WOW....Thats a bunch of R's. What does your engine turn? How bad of a disadvantage do you feel your up against since most tractor have you out cubed by atleast a 100ci.? just wondering...

My tach only goes to 4, I'd say it takes about 4500 to get lit, and it I don't think it hits 5. I generally try to stay in the 6000-8500 weight classes and have done pretty well so far, but want to step up for next year. If I can get enough fuel to keep the charger happy I'll be happy. Probably should get some valve springs and a camshaft too.

These seem to be about 7X.014 maybe .015. .012 wire fits easy. .016 won't go in. Out of wires in between.

Get a set of 6 hole sac. What size turbo are you running? I have tried all kinds of injectors a 7 hole vco will not bee good for making power. They work great for a street truck to keep the smoke down.A set of 6x012s should be more than enough in most casses

Anyone got a piston suggestion? May have a burnt one, got something in a nozzle and stuck it open, ran it twice that way. Willing to change them all out for something that works better.

Back