Input shaft...whats all out there

HOLYSMOKES

Im currently in the market for an input shaft. Im trying to find out if there is a good product without going billet. I know Suncoast, ATS, DTT, GB all make good stuff (or better than stock) Im just trying to research and get my fact straight before I buy. Thanks, Smokes

Billet is the only way to really improve over the stock unit, IIRC you can get a harder shaft than stock that is non billet. Here's the rub though, if you want a shaft to break, the input is not the one :bang Billet input and intermediate, regular output if you want to build a weak link into the system.

Def go with a billet input shaft, the intermediate stock shafts are pretty strong only people sprayin heavy nos have broke them.And the ouput is fairly strong but if your gonna drag or sled pull go with a billet input and output. Opie's billet shafts are the ****z

joefarmer said:
A few things come to mind when that company is brought up. First is no communication with customers, and the other things..........well......

bondotruck013.jpg

bondotruck010.jpg

bondotruck009.jpg

My suggestion go with a company you feel comfortable with. If that fails go with TCS, great customer service and a great product!!!

Anybody know have any input on the Intelligent engineering Input shafts?

I just ordered one from Rip Rook today. He hasn't steered me wrong in the past, and he seems to like them, so thats a thought. As far as customer communication goes, I haven't had any issues with him and he gets things shipped out fast.

Check him out at www.sourceautomotive.biz
Sean

Well I just did a little more researching, and figured out that those I.E. shafts are Opie's. anyways, I guess I'll see how it works out for me.
Sean

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/K5KR[QUOTE=K5KRAZIE]A few things come to mind when that company is brought up. First is no communication with customers, and the other things..........well......

Well ... thank goodness you two are happy with TCS. I haven't scene either one of you compete with your trucks since your self claimed TCS upgrade. IE hardparts are the strongest, as for cummunication with customers and other things.... well.... Guess your proof you can't please everyone. It's too bad you don't produce anything for performance diesels.

NO body has a stonger input, intermediate or output shafts available for the 47/48RE.

input shaft flex

If you upgrade your input shaft don't forget to change your Flex plate it will be your next weak link. I blow my input shaft and it cost me about $3000.00 for a rebuilt kit with new input, flex plate, lucky for me my torque converter wasn't damaged. Good Luck

jacoustics said:
If you upgrade your input shaft don't forget to change your Flex plate it will be your next weak link. I blow my input shaft and it cost me about $3000.00 for a rebuilt kit with new input, flex plate, lucky for me my torque converter wasn't damaged. Good Luck
HAHAHA! Opie would you like to take this one or should I break the news to a future customer about your after the fact warrenty policy??
BTW, why is it that I or BONDO for that matter need to show up to the track in the PNW this year?? How fast did you run all year in your 2wd MONSTER?? Did you see any 12s? 11s? I think the speed/ET I ran my first year racing a daily driver 4wd speeks volumes to the abuse parts could have handled, not to even speek of a certain truck with 37s in the 12s......As you have said before why race with IE when you can be an off ramp champ and make ALL the events in a year with ONE transmission.......

OPIE, could you PM me you pricing and availability on your shaft. (nope, didnt sound any better typing it out)More specifically the Di Martino. 47RE Right now Im researching what is what. As I understand there are only a handful of people making the billlet shaft. Example: Suncoast I understand uses Sonics.

Last edited:
K5KRAZIE said:
HAHAHA! Opie would you like to take this one or should I break the news to a future customer about your after the fact warrenty policy??
BTW, why is it that I or BONDO for that matter need to show up to the track in the PNW this year?? How fast did you run all year in your 2wd MONSTER?? Did you see any 12s? 11s? I think the speed/ET I ran my first year racing a daily driver 4wd speeks volumes to the abuse parts could have handled, not to even speek of a certain truck with 37s in the 12s......As you have said before why race with IE when you can be an off ramp champ and make ALL the events in a year with ONE transmission.......

I could care less about what you have to spew, I only reply as to prevent you from steering guys down your path. You talk alot for only running one season and you where running my parts. Now you push TCS inputs, good for you. Which TCS inputs are you recommending the ones from TCS California or the ones from TCS Canada? (As you know they are different shafts right?)

Bondo said he would be at the NW nationals and show his truck could run as fast or faster than it did the prior year running TCS shafts but he didn't show.

My Chev never made the 120 mph goal I set for it this year. VIA EFILive I was able to dial within a couple tenths of pretty much anyone I was racing. Its best was only a 11.61@118.9 Yes it will run faster but to do safetywise requires money for making and or buying some more parts.

As for you and offramp champ(the certain truck with 37s that run in the 12's the pics you posted yet once again...) You two did nothing that wasn't done before and in all honesty my higher performance customers routinely run a sec or two faster than you guys with the same parts.

Like I mentioned earlier it is too bad you don't make anything or even for that matter had even done anything good for diesel performance.

Opie said:
As for you and offramp champ(the certain truck with 37s that run in the 12's the pics you posted yet once again...) You two did nothing that wasn't done before and in all honesty my higher performance customers routinely run a sec or two faster than you guys with the same parts.

Like I mentioned earlier it is too bad you don't make anything or even for that matter had even done anything good for diesel performance.

Thats funny in its self. So we aren't even your highest HP trucks (never assumed we were) yet your parts lasted the shortest in our transmissions. Even causing a mid rebuild warrenty change on IEs behalf, unbeknownst to your clients.
Riddle me this, heard the one about "Opies input shaft" a STOCK flex plate 350HP and a trailer??
Opie I have NO issue with broken parts, in all honesty I'm amazed that the parts hold up to what they do. My issue stems from YOU. The stuff you pulled on BONDO was absoulutly UNREAL!! You basically told him he could do no wrong and then bashed his head into a wall saying nanny nanny poop poo!!! In all honesty you could have made poop on a stick and we all would have bought from you as your right here down the street. But when we come to your door and tell you, your peddling poop we expect a level of service that is not unreasonable!!!

Intelligent Engineering ( Opies ) input, output, and inters are the strongest anyone can buy. Without question.

I personally have used Opie's parts from about the first day he was in business. I have abused them to no end and none have failed! Now this doesn't mean they are indestructable, nothing is. But for me the proof is i the pudding. Opie's parts havebeen holding over 900 RWHP of abuse for 4 years and nothing has broken.

I have a couple new projects in the garage that I will hopefully be finishing up in the next few months. In both trucks I would only install Opie's products. As for strength and durabilty I have found NOTHING that even comes close.

Doug

I bought my billet input from Goerend. Seems to be doing well. Who does he get his shafts from?

Eric

i have all billet shafts from opie and have had no problems what so ever

Back