Install of our Billet Tappet Cover on the Nitrous Series Truck

MikeD

We wanted to post up step by step instruction of our Billet Tappet Cover for those who have never installed one.

The volunteer for todays install is our black dakota

DrPTruck4.jpg

First Step after removing that stock cover is to wipe down all areas where the sealant will go with Lacquer Thinner.

1st.

coverinstall7.jpg

Coverinstall11.jpg

Second Step is to apply a generous amount of the sealant into the grove located on the back side of the cover.

2nd.

CoverInstall5.jpg

coverinstall4.jpg

coverinstall3.jpg

Next we took the bolts that are supplied with the kit added some sealant around each one and installed the cover.

3rd.

Coverinstall12.jpg

Coverinstall9.jpg

Coverinstall8.jpg

Last thing we did was make sure all the bolts were properly installed and made sure we had a good seal.

CoverInstall6.jpg

Coverinstall2.jpg

I hope this can be a little more insightfull for those that did not know what a Tappet cover was before hand.

<----- had no idea when I first started working here.

cover

can you make these with a oring groove for sealing instead of using sealant? or how about a gasket. i just absolutely hate using sealant on anything if i dont have to.

can you make these with a oring groove for sealing instead of using sealant? or how about a gasket. i just absolutely hate using sealant on anything if i dont have to.

Is your motor a 12v or 24v block, if its a 24v you can actually run a gasket/oring with our tappet cover.

Back