installing studs in 6.4

strokin6L

is it possible to put studs in a 6.4 by installing them one at a time while leaving the cab on? And if so...how hard is it? Kid in my area wants to install studs on his 6.4 during his winter break and wants me to help, but his plans are to install them one at a time with the cab on. Honestly, i'd rather not do it this way....i believe pulling the cab is the only way to go, but he has no access to a lift. Just wondering thanks!

is it possible to put studs in a 6.4 by installing them one at a time while leaving the cab on? And if so...how hard is it? Kid in my area wants to install studs on his 6.4 during his winter break and wants me to help, but his plans are to install them one at a time with the cab on. Honestly, i'd rather not do it this way....i believe pulling the cab is the only way to go, but he has no access to a lift. Just wondering thanks!

You can get it done just fine without pulling the cab. It's a little tight in there, but do-able. Just be careful when breaking the stock bolts loose. I've seen guys break several 16mm sockets.

Back