Intercooler or not?

Kroner96

Without an intercooler how much power could you gain or lose in the 10 seconds it takes to make a pull? If not running an intercooler would it be better to run a shorter or longer pipe straight to the manifold? If it is necessary to run an intercooler what size would be needed? Would a 6x16x16 work efficiently on a puller?

depends on what class you are running and what the rules of the association say. 3.0 or super street, no.

I will be running 2.6 and we arent allowed to run water. When does the factory ic become too restrictive? I know the 24v ic is a little bigger but how does a 3rd gen ic compare?

You're not pulling very far if it only takes you 10 seconds... either that or you have a 40 mph groundspeed.

there isnt enough airflow at the speed you will be moving to justify an air to air.

The benefit isn't the airflow keeping boost cool, it helps act as a cushion to save a turbo and act like an air tank for volume. Air to water is def the way to go for a dedicated puller. One truck I know wouldn't fall under the turbo at the end as easy and the only change was an air to water intercooler.

The benefit isn't the airflow keeping boost cool, it helps act as a cushion to save a turbo and act like an air tank for volume. Air to water is def the way to go for a dedicated puller. One truck I know wouldn't fall under the turbo at the end as easy and the only change was an air to water intercooler.

that is what peoples main concern is. just addressing one issue that may be presented. air/water is the way to go IMHO, because it DOES cool the air. cushion for the turbo? what do you mean by that? it provides restriction in the intake tract and allows the pressure to disperse...

We arent allowed to run water to air ic. We either get air to air or nothing at all. If not running an ic would it help to make a tube that holds more volume than the factory ic?

Back