Intercooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigreddodge2007

tator tot
Ok I found out my problem with my spooling , my charge air is getting too hot with the heat of the day:doh: 85 degrees and under is great , over that temp and boy it sucks spooling. What intercooler does everyone like? Any input I would appreciate :thankyou2:

Good luck, I think you'll be extremely disappointed with your diagnosis.

Ok I found out my problem with my spooling , my charge air is getting too hot with the heat of the day:doh: 85 degrees and under is great , over that temp and boy it sucks spooling. What intercooler does everyone like? Any input I would appreciate :thankyou2:

:doh: If you can't spool a 64 you have serious issues.

I can spool it just alot more smoke when the outside temp gets hotter out , so my theory doesnt sound correct about charge air too hot?

Just dont know what intercooler would be a good choice , when the air is cooler out I can spool up to 50 psi quick with very little smoke

Better get an ice box and water to air if you want to cool your intake manifold temps lower than ambient. Also, to cool down that super hot low boost air.

It's not the temp. Yes temp is a factor and can cause the turbo to spool slower, but no air to air or "cold air intake" will lower temps below ambient. Also, temperature is a function of compression. An aftermarket intercooler would produce a negligible difference, at best, cooling the air before boost.

To decrease pre boost smoke, you need to look at your tuning and driving habits, given the turbo system is operating correctly.

Last edited:
I know I cant get down to ambient temp but I think it would help me out a bit, I did turn down my high fueling low boost on h&s and it did help out alot. Just dont want to waste money on cooler if it actually wont drop my charge air temps.

I dont think you are getting what everyone in here is telling you.

If you want to waste money on an intercooler, go ahead. But it will do nothing to fix your issue. The stock cooler is good for way more power than you are at.

You have other issues that has nothing to do with an intercooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back