Intro & minimaxx timing question

fsufan

What's goin on fellers. Rollin in here from Cumminsforum. 06 qcsb 4x4 Firepunk 48re, H&S mini, ATS Arcflow, 5" Bill's Cold air intake, 4" straight, 2 micron fuel filter, Ranchhands front & rear. Anyways, my question. From what I've read, different timing levels like different power levels as far as injectors are concerned. I'm real big on reliability, so ive got my timing on 2 (default), and run on wild. What's the best power setting? H&S said their trucks don't leave Hot. Any help is appreciated

Sent from my iCummins

Yeah obviously you can't run tunes and stock at the same time. I didn't come over here for smart a** answers.

Sent from my iCummins

What's goin on fellers. Rollin in here from Cumminsforum. 06 qcsb 4x4 Firepunk 48re, H&S mini, ATS Arcflow, 5" Bill's Cold air intake, 4" straight, 2 micron fuel filter, Ranchhands front & rear. Anyways, my question. From what I've read, different timing levels like different power levels as far as injectors are concerned. I'm real big on reliability, so ive got my timing on 2 (default), and run on wild. What's the best power setting? H&S said their trucks don't leave Hot. Any help is appreciated

Sent from my iCummins

You said it. I use EFILive because guessing is not tuning.

I didn't come over here for smart a** answers.

Sent from my iCummins

:wrong: Welcome to CompD. You will get some people who help, some who can be douches, and everywhere inbetween. Don't like it? CF might be where you should've stayed.

Yeah obviously you can't run tunes and stock at the same time. I didn't come over here for smart a** answers.

Sent from my iCummins

super_cool_ski_instructor_23542443296.jpg

Oh my. Looks like Fsufan is this week's newbie roast, huh? LOL

Don't take it personal and you'll be fine. If I had an H&S I might could give you an answer; however, smarta$$ answers are at an abundance around here. ;)

I don't take it personal. It's just irritating when I know there's more knowledgable people out there than me and I can't get an answer. All you get from CF is "put a bag over your intake for smoke", or flip your mirrors down. I just want info.

I didn't get efi because it wasn't on the fly like the mini, and it has overdrive and I had a stock trans. Now I have a Firepunk, and efi is coming closer to on the fly. I'd be happy it i could get an edge cs/cts and an autocal for my mini. Right now I just wanna break in my trans, take it easy, and findout what's best for my truck

Sent from my iCummins

There's no need to "break in" your trans, Lavon built my trans too, and i asked him about it. Once your new clutches soak in the fluid, you're good to go. I beat up on mine after we got it going immediately because i wanted to find any issues before I left his place and headed home. Good choice going with Firepunk. Like you said, efi is doing well on the CSP stuff. And on the fly is almost overrated. From what a lot of guys were saying, with efi you could build a pretty sick-nasty tune that could do about everything. I'm speaking from what i've heard, not yet experienced. And I don't tow, so that's not a concern for me. I'm smarty TNT-R one tune all the time. The trans tuning can be done with efi as well. Honestly i'd say what is best for your truck would be to find someone who just wants to blow some smoke and sell them your mini and go get tuned with efi. That's the first thing i'm heading for come spring time when i get my turbo(s). And yes smartasses can be irritating, but it's usually pretty funny when it's not happening to you.

Yeah I agree. Lavon also told me there was no real break in period either. I'm still under 1000 miles on it so I haven't changed the fluid/filter yet. I'm not big on analog guages so the efi on the fly is not as attractive to me right now, but if someone can build a tune like you said then i guess it doesn't matter.

Sent from my iCummins

Pay attention to the 2nd gear band at the 1000+ mile first checkup. Mine was loosey goosey and tightened up quite a bit. I'm planning on getting Fleece to tune mine, and if CSP isn't fully released and ready to go, i'm just going to get the best all around, but hot street tune I can live with. Might not be all it's got, but it's my DD so I have to be able to get around and I don't want it to be more annoying to drive just to have a nice dyno #. But from what I hear that shouldn't be an issue

Ok thanks. I got under my truck when I had the stock trans and it seemed like a PIA to adjust the band

Sent from my iCummins

it is and it's not. When the filter is off, it makes life easier than doing it the torque way

I thought the 2nd gear band adjustment was on the outside of the trans, and you didn't have to remove the pan

Sent from my iCummins

If you check the manual, I believe it says to torque the adjusting screw to ~70 some-odd ft-lbs, and then torq the jam nut. Lavon will tell you to take a hex key (i don't remember the size offhand) and use it as a feeler gauge kinda, then tighten up the jam nut

Last edited:
Ok man. Just last time I looked it was tight up there. Couldn't hardly get my head up there to see

Sent from my iCummins

Back