Is a bov worth the time and $$$$$$

BW Motosports

JUST SOME BROKE KID
Just wondering if a bov is worth the effort or money for what they do in a manual tranny truck ?

A BOV? Why? Unless your way under charged and abruptly letting off the throttle all the time causing the turbo to bark because you can't take the .1 second to slowly back out of the throttle, I do not see a reason to be buy or install a blow of valve

Now an external waste gate, EWG, cab be benificial for high drive pressures.

I was considering a BOV for a while... and my turbo needs way more then .1 second... more like 2 or 3 seconds.. How would adjusting my waste gate help? I'm not really sure if its external...

i bought a cheapo BOV of ebay and ran a mechanical setup. i wasnt about to pay 500 bucks for a BOV

Any help on my set up?

Sent from my fancy thinking box

You don't have an external gate if you signature is correct. Research. You have a pretty heavily modded truck to not be able to tell what an external wastegate is or if you even have one.

Baha yeah your right. I'm trying... I'll take my questions some where else. If there was a operation and maintenance manual for modifying turbo diesels I'd have it.

Yup no external waste gate. I must of had a few too many that night...

You can also try blankets, on my 07 bark was terrible with 66mm turbo, did mani blankets and almost eliminated all off throttle bark

I have a BOV and i'm torn.. Under hard accelatrion its opens up or makes a weird flapping noise.. Its highly annoying.. Sometimes it gets stuck open too..

i think a bov is worth the money if you bark the turbo...

its like buying life insurance for that $1000+ turbo ya just bought

Use a switch and an air solenoid that opens when throttle is closed dumping boost pressure from top of valve, leaving spring pressure to open against when surge occurs.

Anybody running a BOV on twins?
Can you get away with just running one on the output from the secondary or do you need one on the cold pipe as well?
thx

I've never seen/had a twin set bark; but I don't associate much with the hand-shakers. I guess the inertia of two turbos spinning exceeds the pressure spike when the DP disappears??

Back