Is a Hamilton head really worth the $?

whitelightnin

working on building a twin turbo 12v right now and was wondering if a hamilton head would make that much of a difference. i was going to to a mild port job on the stock heads so whats your alls opinions. dont really have a goal on this but mods are going to be 66/s480, 5x20 injectors 13mm pump, fly cut pistons and a custom cam. thanks for the input guys

My business partner (Mike Holmen on here) has a full ported one, that comes with flow sheets and everything for cheap. He decided not to pursue his project, and parted it out.

I think you will get mixed reviews, on if it is worth it. The only truck I know personally that runs it is Devon Lock on here. Made 1006hp on fuel, out of Brad Ponci tuned 160 pump.

What you using it for? There biggest benefit is being able to port past where the stock get thin

using the truck for? Its not a DD just driven on the weekends sometimes, just a project i have always wanted to do, might put a single on the truck and pull it a few times a year. mainly my play toy!

what improvement did you see from it?

I changed way to much at the same time to answer that. But with a head and cam I could only make 40-45 psi with no gate. when before I made 60 with it being gated. The truck runs great but is a whimpy 160 p pump. I have heard these things love twins and will be able to answer that soon.
Most shops will charge you about the same for a fully ported head that's at similar flow numbers.

Last edited:
Ok thanks cliff, i didnt think you could get that close to the flow numbers on a hamilton head with a ported 12v head, but i could be wrong still in the learning process on this stuff

The benefit of the hamilton head is that it comes stock at what a ported 12v head comes at. Then you can go and port the Hamilton head for even more flow.

And if its going to be a tow get different turbos than a 66/80 there are much better options out there for a very fun toy.

most orgs do not allow them...but there are some on mod trucks out there

My business partner (Mike Holmen on here) has a full ported one, that comes with flow sheets and everything for cheap. He decided not to pursue his project, and parted it out.

I think you will get mixed reviews, on if it is worth it. The only truck I know personally that runs it is Devon Lock on here. Made 1006hp on fuel, out of Brad Ponci tuned 160 pump.

I decided not to run the Hamilton and I put a cummins head on my motor!

it wont be for towing at all, probably be put in a 2wd truck. Devon, why did you decide not to run the hamilton head?

Back