Is APPS necessary on a p pump 24v?

cumminss2000

Is the APPS necessary on a p Pump 24v? I'll be doing my swap pretty soon and would like to know. The truck is an auto.

Yep either need to make yours work with the cables or get a 12v one.

but no the sensor itself is not needed if that is what you are asking.

Your AUTO worked properly? Didn't work for me. Found I needed idle validation. Tranny wouldn't shift right until I went to the 24V APPS.

Oh well, I have no problem admitting I was wrong.

Carry on.

That's what I was thinking too BigPapa. I know a manual will work but I would guess it would throw the shifting off for the auto. The 24v wire doesn't hook up to the 12v apps does it? they are different connections right?

Your AUTO worked properly? Didn't work for me. Found I needed idle validation. Tranny wouldn't shift right until I went to the 24V APPS.

Carry on.

What year truck? Friends 01 auto worked.

My 99 has no prob with the 12v tps, You have to cut and soldier the wire together its not a direct plug in.

The truck I'm p pumping is the one in my sig. And how do you know which wires go together?

Carry on.

My fully built DTT automatic tranny worked perfectly with it. I even had manual linkage for the p-pump and had two screws holding it on the bracket and it worked perfectly. Cruise control worked perfectly fine as well. Hell the tranny shifted better with the 12v TPS than it ever did with the 24v APPS.

Mine's not a P-pump conversion, it's a '98 24V truck with a 47RE that I put my '95 12V in.

My transmission would not stay locked up unless you were on the throttle until I put a 24V APPS on it.

As to wiring, maybe this will help. It is a VERY basic draing I made for my personal use but if it will help someone, I'll take a little criticism.

APPS-Wiring.jpg

Ok. I'll study the connectors when I get the pump back and use the 12v. Also thanks for the diagram.

Ah. Wonder if there's something else the tranny looks for coming from the engine than the apps.

Back