Is there a VIN on the frame of 2nd gen 12v's?

DDually

Still spooling..
My brother found my old 12v 2nd gen on Craig's that was more or less stolen from me. The body is gone now but it's brutally obvious that it's my engine that stills sitting in the frame. Is there any more ways to prove that the engine in that frame is mine? I still have the title for it so I have the VIN and it's still in my name and now he is parting it out. This guy lives 7 hours from me so I can't just take a cruise down whenever I want.

The situation is he is parting out a truck that is still legally mine. I made a stupid decision because I was young and dumb, now I want to try to rectify it. This was over 3 years ago and I figured it was long gone by now but it appears only the body is missing and it still has the drivetrain and frame.

If you live in Sacramento, CA and feel like checking this out for me I'd be glad to give you more information.

What can I do?

What would you do?

Jared

The motor ESN is tied to the VIN so it could be done that way providing it still had the original engine tag on it. You can get the ESN by putting the VIN number in on Cummins quickserve.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

The motor ESN is tied to the VIN so it could be done that way providing it still had the original engine tag on it. You can get the ESN by putting the VIN number in on Cummins quickserve.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Thank you! That's good to know. I can get on quickserve at school.

So the young and dumb story is im guessing you made a deal for someone to make payments or something and you held the title, then dude disappeared?

We traded straight across, he owed money on the car so he didn't have the title, we had a notarized document saying when he pays off the car he will send me the title, he said he had only a few payments left, he stopped talking to me a couple months after we traded after giving me the run around the whole time, I found out myself through some digging he still owed over 5k on it, I have a super clean 02 bug WRX with 110,xxx on the chassis and 6k on the engine and trans but I can't register it. I still have the title for my dually which was non op-ed after he started giving me the run around.

Real dumb. Live and learn I suppose. Looking back now I never would have done it (obviously).

After thinking about this and some possible outcomes I've decided not to pursue it any further. This deal has already consumed enough of my time and money and I actually hadn't even thought about it for awhile, I guess it just made me see red for a bit seeing it on Craig's. I can't see how this could possibly turn out any better or worse than it is now.

Mods can delete this thread.

Don't buy any Cummins engines with HX35/HX55 twins on it in the Sacramento area.

After thinking about this and some possible outcomes I've decided not to pursue it any further. This deal has already consumed enough of my time and money and I actually hadn't even thought about it for awhile, I guess it just made me see red for a bit seeing it on Craig's. I can't see how this could possibly turn out any better or worse than it is now.

Mods can delete this thread.

Don't buy any Cummins engines with HX35/HX55 twins on it in the Sacramento area.

probably the wisest move you can make, sir

In that case, contact that guy and tell him you'll sell him the actual title for a few grand ;-)

but this ain't a bad idea ;)

We traded straight across, he owed money on the car so he didn't have the title, we had a notarized document saying when he pays off the car he will send me the title, he said he had only a few payments left, he stopped talking to me a couple months after we traded after giving me the run around the whole time, I found out myself through some digging he still owed over 5k on it, I have a super clean 02 bug WRX with 110,xxx on the chassis and 6k on the engine and trans but I can't register it. I still have the title for my dually which was non op-ed after he started giving me the run around.

Real dumb. Live and learn I suppose. Looking back now I never would have done it (obviously).

You ever heard of a bonded title.

Back