Is this compressor housing still good??

stevewes2004

I bought this blown up HE351 just to use as a mock-up to start building twins in the shop with, and i was going to polish up the comp housing and use it if I could. The scratches cant be more than a couple hundreths or thousandths deep. Would this affect how the turbo performed???
IMG_0656.jpg

Last edited:
Really only a few thousandths? If you really buff the hell out of it, do you think you can get most of them out?

probably more like hundreths. i really don't know. i feel a little iffy about it....

I bought a core He351cw a while back that is perfectly tight as far as bearings/play and the compressor side is flawless. The exhaust side, on the other hand...... it looks like some metal went through the exhaust side and damaged the turbine wheel.

I've got $250 into my "core" He351cw so I'm in the market for a used turbine wheel/shaft.

Looks like you're in the market for a new compressor housing and probably a new compressor.

If you decide to part out that turbo, let me know.

well i really didnt buy this turbo to use as a whole. i was going to modify the turbine housing, and polish the compressor housing, and use those. anyway, i'll be glad to sell you the turbine wheel and shaft because i think they're both good. i want to keep the center section and both housings to use as my mock-up. i'll shoot you a pm.

Back