Is this normal? Idle question

Hillrod660

Just p pumped my 01 and when I rev it up it sounds fine but when it idles back down its kinda like it's got a hiccup right when it hits normal rpm idle. It's had to explain. I was wondering if the .84 lines had some thing to do with it. I have a video of it but can't figure out how to up load it. Is someone could give give me some pointers.

Put a video on YouTube and post a link.
If it's just a idle bounce or lope I wouldn't worry. Idle should be 850 900. The lines shouldn't cause issues unless they were bigger.

That's completely normal with the high timing, strong governor spring kit, etc. Sounds good bud.

Ok thanks for the info. I wasnt sure. Also I feel like I have a slight vibration when I rev up, didn't know if that's from the new 7100 pump ? I can't remember it doin it before I did the swap. I had the harmonic balancer off, I double checked to make sure it was tight. I did take a wire wheel to it, don't think that would matter ?

Shouldnt. Maybe a injector pop pressure is off or a barrel and plunger on the pump out of calibration.

They said injector Pop pressure was set for p pump specs. And supposably pump was calibrated in benched

Last edited:
You're truck sounds great, and I agree, completely normal. Sounds very similar to mine.....

Back